1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need 1 inch lift

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by gregw98, Oct 15, 2008.

1. gregw98

gregw98 Member

My front tires on my 91 Jumbo are just barely rubbing on a hard turn. General driving around is not a problem, just tight turns. I had a 3 inch lift and took it out because of the camber being off. So all I really need is about an inch. I would like to keep the camber as close to zero degrees as possible. What do you guys suggest?
    greg

2. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

new front springs?

3. danish

danish Member

+1...That will get you the lift you need.

4. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

i went with 175/50r13 tires on front ,only 20 inchs tall and FWD offset wheels.

you could put a spacer under the spring , or cut down the 3 inch ones that were on it.

5. D'Animal

D'Animal Member

I will be cutting my 3" lift adaptors in half and maiking them 1 1/2" lift. I will redrill the rear shackles to level the rig out as needed.

6. gregw98

gregw98 Member

D'animal, I thought about that same thing, but my holes on the 3 inch tophat spacers are offset. I want my camber to be right, it wasn't with the 3" lift. I am thinking about making six 1 1/2" sleeves and using longer bolts as a trial fit and setup.

7. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

i have seen spacers made out of a solid block , like a carb spacer. they were for the new dodge trucks.

8. D'Animal

D'Animal Member

You lost me here. Why 6 of them?

You need two in the front. Isn't your rear leaf springs.

9. Mighty Milt

3 mounting bolts x 2 sides of the truck = 6 spacers

10. D'Animal

D'Animal Member

I'm thinking you may need the surface contact area of the spacer to match the contact patch of the coil to body mount.

Sleeves will not have the surface contact and may poke through the body. This is unless they have big washer on them to keep them from doing so.

or you have somthing in mind other thant what I'm picturing in my mind.

11. Mighty Milt

i believe he's doing this just for a mach up before investing too much time in anything else. if it raises it enough and doesn't offset the camber then he will pursue a proper block to lift it.

12. gregw98

gregw98 Member

Exactly what Milt said.