1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nanco 6-12 Super Lug Tires Revisited

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Samurai9, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Samurai9

Samurai9 Member

I bought these tires and put them on stock wheels as an interim choice while I tried to sort out the rubbing 25 inch Rawhide Grip tires. After running with the Nancos for awhile, I put the Rawhides back on with narrower tires at the front. I retained the 11 inch wide Rawhides at the rear and tried an 8 inch tire--same diameter and model--at the front. This helped the scraping and tire damage but did not stop it. Lugs on the front tires are being sliced and are beginning to disintegrate. When I got the truck it already had a three inch lift and wheel wells trimmed to the max. I am tired of the hitting and the tire damage, so I decided to give the 23x6 Nanco tires another try. They have some advantages. They do not stick out so my truck is effectively 6-8 inches narrower with them on. They do not hit the body--ever. Although they are very noisy at low speeds, above about 40 kph they smooth out and I can go faster on a paved road without beating up the truck. They don't look as cool as the big wheels and tires and do not have quite as much grip. But today I was able to get up my steep rocky hill and around on some of my wet dirt trails without much bother. See some photos in my gallery. These pics were taken c. last March or April.

Sam

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  2. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

I like mine real well. (pics in photo galleries). Nanco 6-12 x 23

Anyone tried the 6-12 x 25 yet ? By my measurements they should also work without any rubbing issues - no lift or body work. If so, thats a 25 inch tire vs. the ??inch factory tire = ?? inch ground clearance increase with no lift = no worn out front end......

I agree with you they definatly have advantages. I mean, its basically a tractor tire. The load rating for the tires are also an advantage.
    They are somewhat noisy at low speeds now that you mention it. But yes, get them up to speed and they smooth out. I guess I really dont notice the low speed noise much, as my driving has been contained too woods, fields, etc... only occasionally taking off down the gravel road.

This past winter I did alot of road driving in the 12 inches we got, but obviously didnt notice any noise driving on snow. And, the tires did extremely well in the snow.
    The tires clean out exceptionally well in mud or snow, without having to spin the tires and fling mud everywhere. Clean out real well I thought.
    As far as traction, I cant compare a mini truck with atv tires as I have never had one, but having owned and road atv's , off road carts, etc.. Through the woods and fields over the years... I would have to put the Nanco's on top overall. Granted they are not wide and do not have the "footprint" as atv type tires, which would be good in sand, and certain muddy conditions...I still have not found anything I cant take my truck up, across, through, etc... If there has been a case or two, its cause I shouldnt have been trying in the first place :D

Good tires, good load rating, thick rubber, good "clean-out", good price, no lift or aftermarket rims needed, .......