1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mystery Red Light on Dash

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Andrew.r.w, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Andrew.r.w

Andrew.r.w Member

I have a red idiot light coming on sometimes that looks like a muffler with heat coming off. I gather this means either the muffler or catalytic converter is hot, but I suspect that something else is amiss as it only comes on when I first start the truck, and fades out slowly in a few minutes. The booklet that came with the truck is in Japanese so that's not much help.

Anyone know what this light means and what is possibly happening here?

2. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Exhaust temp. light. I'd watch the temp. on the dash to be on the safe side. My personal 1998 daihatsu truck started doing the same thing about 2 months ago. I shot the engine with a temp. gun and everything is fine. I think its just a glitch. Mine fades away after about 4 or 5 min. after running.

3. It is an exhaust over temp warning lamp which in reality signals that the engine is running too lean. It doesn’t mean the engine is overheating.

Cheers,
    Don

Yokohama Motors: www.yokohamamotors.com
    Global Parts Store: www.yokohamamotors.net
    Service Desk: OEM Parts: Parts@yokohamamotors.com
    Asia-Europe-North America
    Mitsubishi-Suzuki-Daihatsu-Subaru-Mazda-Honda-Toyota-Nissan

4. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

On my Scrum it is just a bad ground on the O2 sensor.You can prove this with a jumper wire.