1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Suzuki won’t start

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by naterjeff, May 31, 2021.

1. naterjeff

naterjeff New Member

I just bought a non running Suzuki carry and the previous owner told me his son rebuilt the carb wrong. I took it home and tried starting it as is. It kinda started wouldn’t take any throttle and died after a second. I tried again and it just cranks and cranks. The next day i try and it starts for a second then dies and won’t start again. Any clue what the issue could be? It doesn’t act like the carb would be the problem but i could be wrong. any help appreciated

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

If he toyed with the carb, and dien’t know what he was doing I’d start there. If possible, get a kit, and go through it.

3. Ronin

Ronin Active Member Supporting Member

Also make sure the fuel pump is delivering fuel.

Some clue as to year/type would be helpful, thanks.

4. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

That's why we suggest to go to your profile, and click on the signature and tell us what you've got! You'll get a lot more help that way and it helps us help you to a quicker solution to your problem!
    Limestone

5. naterjeff

naterjeff New Member

It’s a 1995 Suzuki carry. And i just rebuilt the carb and got a new fuel pump and still has the same issues

6. If it is a dd51t, I would definitely check the idle solenoid that is in the carb to make sure it's working. Also.... verify that the vaccum lines are hooked up correctly. Check timing. Set at TDC to check alignment of the gears for timing belt. And then verify that the distributor is pointing at #1 on the cap.

If all that is correct, I would suggest going through the fuel system.