1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Low Idle Problem

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by duckhunter, Apr 12, 2010.

1. duckhunter

duckhunter New Member

I changed all vacuum hoses and adjusted the carb finally put some sea foam in it. I just drive it up at my place on the river so I am going to wait to see if it starts idling better as I drive it. I put a 3" lift kit under it, put 24 x 8 x 12 tires on it and camoed it this weekend I will try to attach pictures.

Attached Files:

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

looks great:)

3. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Yep, looks good. The sea foam will most likely clean it up. Might need to use it for a couple of weeks. If it doesnt clean up till you like it install a carb, kit. Its easy. You'll be surprised at the difference. Varooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom.

4. fupabox

5. duckhunter

duckhunter New Member

Thank you fUPA BOX for the info on how to adjust the idle, I have printed it off and will carry it with me to the river (that is where I keep my truck) and do just like the instructions says and will let you know the results. It is calling for bad weather this weekend, I don't if I will get up there this weekend but for sure next weekend. AGAIN THANKS A LOT !!!!!!

6. duckhunter

duckhunter New Member

Well I adjusted everything just like the instructions said and found out that the throttle lever is not returning all the way back some times. just like the spring is week or something so if I don't get any ideas from someone else I am going to see if I can get a stronger spring and mount it on the throttle return and see if it will work.

7. fupabox

lube up the cable as well ..it could be sticking inside

8. duckhunter

duckhunter New Member

low idel problem

Thanks, I didn't think about that, I could even unhook the cable and see if it still sticks, wow, you have been a lot of help. I will try this and post the results thanks again.:rolleyes:

9. fupabox

no problem happy if I can help:) just a hint on cable lubing I learned years ago..if you can un hook the high end of the cable ..make a small funnel from duct tape around the sleeve then fill it with oil and let it drain into the cable .
    good luck

10. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

And be happy that you have a throttle CABLE...No Toyota-esque "unintended acceleration"! :D Good luck.

11. duckhunter

duckhunter New Member

Fupabox, have you ever tried (anitseize) I'm not sure that is the way you spell it but you get the message anyway? We use it all the time where I work and it works great for our application here, but I have never tried on a throttle cable.

12. fupabox

yes I always keep it handy..if you can remove the cable from the sheath it works great on cables..:)

13. duckhunter

duckhunter New Member

My Low Idel Problem

Fupa box, I removed the throttle cable and started up the engine and adjusted the carb just like the instructions said and still have the sticking throttle lever so I brought the little truck home and going to pull the carb and go through it and see what I find. Let me ask you another question about the 4wd portion on these trucks have you ever tried or heard of anyone replacing the vacuum actuators with electric actuators. Like Electric door lock motors or something like that.

14. fupabox

Sorry no I haven't ...electric actuators like a solonoid should work...possibly your idle problem is related to the vacuum problem.? have you checked all your vacuum lines..they are a pain there are so many...I wish someone had a vacuum line diagram

15. duckhunter

duckhunter New Member

My low idel problem

Fupabox, you were right on, I did have a vacuum leak, I called myself replacing all of the hoses, but I started to pull the carb and found one about an inch long that I over looked and guess what that was the one that did it. It runs like a charm now but the 4wd takes a little while to go into 4wd, I am working on that now something simple I'm sure.

16. fupabox

Nice work....glad she's up and running

17. duckhunter

duckhunter New Member

My low idel problem

Thanks truckboy for the info but I think I have got my problem taken care of so far, it took some adjusting on the carb and finding all of the vacuum hoses but it runs like a champ right now.:):)