1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Liteace in Estevan, sask

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Spottings' started by Stuff99, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

google street view came to town last summer. found my truck and regal etc but couldnt find dad's truck. the area of town they live in is private and was not google street viewed.

634 Albert st and 933 Edward st

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Interesting. Did they do the license plate smudging or did you?

3. zardoz

zardoz Member

Google does the smudging, they got my father in-law last year.

z

4. Stuff99

lol note they smudged out my headlights!!

5. erixun

erixun Member

Makes me wonder if they just feed the images into a program that "looks" for the size/shape of a plate and it auto smudges.... or was someone bored?

Or maybe you have some :sly:super secret:sly: new govt :sly:conspiracy headlights:sly: that cannot be photographed by silly mortal camera's?

hmmmmmmm?

6. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

You know, after looking at these pics I was wondering the same thing. I'll bet is IS all done automagically. :p

7. Stuff99

i wouldnt doubt it.

also i think its a curse. my headlights burnt out last night now >.> heading home and poof goes the low beams

8. Tinytoy

Tinytoy Member

Be thankful you don't own a L400 Delica, Smash the headlight and its $1200 for a new set:eek:
    Send your bill to google and say that they broke your lights when they smudged the photo. They might pay you for the laughs

9. Stuff99

HAHA that would be hilarious. they ask for proof and send them pictures that are smudged out :p

i got some new ones yesterday. gotta replace them today. some phillips sealed beams. @ $30/each they better be as good as they say they are

10. Canadian_Jumbo

Canadian_Jumbo New Member

Ha thats funny. Maybe they thought the headlight would have made your truck more identifiable. I remember a friend of mine who was still in his truck they smudged the window out as well so you couldnt see.