1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My life story.. an im looking for Subaru E12 Libero/domingo/sumo/etc etc..

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by victorb153, Oct 23, 2019.

1. victorb153

victorb153 New Member

My life story... Lol..........Im 63 live back in the USA now.....in Rhode Island ..between Boston and New York....
    I collected cars 25 years ago after moving back home from Switzerland I had been a ski instructor but had a back operation......
    I lived also in Holland for 6 years I was in the music business and owned a club/hotel and promoted concerts.............
    I moved back to the Usa to become a pilot and started collecting cars......I had 20 Amphucars 2 Bmw Isettas a fiat 500 and 600 Subaru brat Vw Bus...and odd American stuff dune buggies AMC Pacer and Gremlin.. Studerbakers....etc etc....Sold most of collection in 2003 and retired at 49 and to Jungle mountains of Costa Rica...Then at 51 accidentally had kids.....Moved back to USA cause it was 5 miles with a 4x4 and 2 miles on horseback to get to my house ..no place for a baby.....

7 years ago when my daughter was 1 and my son 5 I got throat cancer and wife left me with children....
    Best thing that ever happened.....Now my daughter is 8 and son 13 and im still a single parent 24/7....

But now I've got a little time when they are at school or sleeping....So I started car hobby again....
    I have two Toyota Sera's one I imported from Japan and 1 from the UK.......I understand shipping and importing....from shipping band equipment around during the 90"s...

Iam her because I wanted a Toyota Ace 4x4 Van with the glass roof panels.....or a Mitsubishi Delica with crystal lite roof...I like the Toyota style better its looks Like the Lost In Space moon buggy....

I love the tiny vans but I daily drive my cars I am not just collecting anymore ..and two kids means no two seaters for me........

I love the tiny vans but the KEI vans even the super charged ones cant do highways here....I dont plan on doing long highway trips but I need to jump on highways for a little while sometimes.....so I just a few days ago found out about the Subaru Libero/Domingo/Sumo/Estratto/Alladin/ E12. there's also a E10. but id like the bigger one.....

I can do minor body work and paint and so cosmetics small dents scratches faded MINOR RUST SPOTS. I dont mind........

But I dont have time for project vehicles.... I want registered inspected running vehicles ..preferably with AC running..althou I might have to live without that....I prefer the big glass sliding sunroofs........and Manual is a must. I have read bad things about the automatics......and 4x4 I know most are but there were a few 2wd...also because of shipping car must be able to be driven to a RoRo Port. that means it has to be able to be driven on the ship and driven off when it gets here....then vehicle has to be able to drive from a post near New York 3 hours home to my house....It cost 1000$ to 2000$. to ship a car RoRo. but land transportations can cost 500 $ for 3 hours home....

Also to import vehicle into USA it must be 25 year old so in a couple weeks it would have to be a 1995 vehicle or older....espesially nice is if its a 1994 or 1995,,,because 1994 id the year most were switched to r134 AC...its quite the hassle and expensive here in the USA to get the old r12 ac systems worked on or changed......
    I have a list of all the RoRo shipping ports.... I have many friends around the world who I can probably find to check out the cars for me and have friends to speak whatever language the seller speaks.........I see most are listed in Germany and Italy and Belgium Portugal etc etc.......
    I am on facebook and your welcome to friend me so you know im real and not a time waster or dreamer...
    Victor Brown East Greenwich Rhode Island USA....... victorb153 on most forums.....
    Thank you......I see I can attach some files so will attach an old article about me when I was starting to collect 20 years ago before children..........it said file was too large sorry...it was about me owning lots of Amphicar's....

>>>>>>

2. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Welcome Victor!

3. victorb153

victorb153 New Member

thank you

4. Reese Allen

Reese Allen Member

Great info on the refrigerant. I just bought a 1993 and the AC doesn't blow cold. I guess now I know to expect an expensive repair bill if it turns out it needs a recharge.

5. victorb153

victorb153 New Member

you can get cans of r12 off Canada beat and Rey adding some ...ive had many r12 cars....my two Seras one worked for a year just adding a can and a half....but this summer I added two cans and it was dead in two days ..sorry ozone layer.....usually if it leaks that fast its a compressor shaft seal....you have to someone to vacuum system and then run a dye test they will use new r134.. with a dye to find leak... then if compressor shaft isn't leaking it could be as simple as a Schrader valve theres one on low pressure line and one on high pressure line ..then theres brings on connectors to evaporator and dryer and in and out of compressor o rings for r12 won't hold in r134 smaller molecules you could get away with just changing rings .... I dont know where your evaporator is located on mt Seras vehicles entire dash has to be removed ...usually that not the problem.. a rebuilt of the compressor and changing o rings and there are some other gasses you can use r22 and I forget the other....I watch a lot of youtube and google r12 AC repair and conversion a lot....

6. Arkivel

Arkivel Member

Hi Victor. I emailed a British guy in Taiwan that owns a shop and can source cars. He was not very interested in exporting Estratto's however as he seems to think they are all being junked and parts are hard to find. Ive seen Estrattos listed for sale in TW along with some interesting LHD versions of Japanese cars such as the Delica, Pajero, Datsun Sunny truck etc. It would be very cool if these cars could be exported. Heck even getting left hand parts to convert JDM vehicles from TW would be great as they seem plentiful.