1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Daihatsu needs a new home

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Sales' started by Wolfman, May 9, 2008.

1. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

I have gotten the official word from the state today, through my representative. Those of us who were able to register them on the road will indeed be losing out titles and plates. This means that I will no longer have use for this truck, as I don't own a plot of land large enough to justify it soley as a "farm impliment." Therefore I must put it up for sale.

At current I DO still hold a "legal" title. If anyone is interested in trying to transfer it to their state on this title, now would be the time to buy it. Buyer would of course need to understand that if their state says no, that it will be their gamble.

Anyway, I have a '95 Daihatsu Hijet with pushbutton 4x4 (no low range)

Odometer currently shows 89065 kilometers on it. I have been running Mobil 1 synthetic engine oil since purchase.

The truck has a new clutch and functioning cruise control, as well as street tires with excellent tread depth.

It's only issue is that the emissions fault light is lit. This would need to be fixed if the buyer wishes to register it in an emissions county. Otherwise, it has no effect on the operation of the truck.

I have a couple of extra tires to go with it, as well as an extra air filter.

Price is $4500 firm. I'll post pictures as soon as I can get the chance.

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Sorry to hear that, Wolfman. :(

3. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Yeah, this sucks. These minitrucks are the sweetest little rides ever. It is assenine that they're pulling this stunt on us. :frustration:

4. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

OK, on short notice, Here are a couple of pictures of my truck. A couple are from when I first bought it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

6. Colin

Colin Member

Bummer, man. Sorry to hear that.

7. hiramhaus

hiramhaus New Member

So is the title STILL valid?

8. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

No the title is no longer deemed valid. They want me to send it back to them, but I am going to contact them, and refuse to do so, untill I get the documentation back that they collected to issue it.

9. dmerc

dmerc Member

Wow, that's bad news for any new Legislature in other states as well.
    As far as sending the title, I'd tell 'em to kiss my ***!

10. D'Animal

D'Animal Member

So what state do you live in?

11. gumballf355

gumballf355 Member

Yeah, where do you live? I'll buy it and reg it in Califorina if you're close.

12. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

The truck is currently parked in Boyd, TX., northwest of the DFW area. You can go to www.northtexasminitrucks.com , as it is currently for sale on consignment there. I can and will of course, include the title in the sale, but I cannot and will not gurantee that it won't get locked up in some form of legal limbo, and the buyer will have to acknowledge they are receiving a title with a legal restraint.