1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 2009 Tiger Truck Van and Info

Discussion in 'Tiger Trucks' started by JoeB, Apr 8, 2022.

1. JoeB

JoeB New Member

I recently purchased a 2009 van made by Tiger Truck in Poteau, Oklahoma. The company is still in business and went through a restructure some years back. It is assembled in the US and based off / built from a Chinese Chang'an Chana Star II ( SC6350 ), that was in turn somewhat based off of a Suzuki Carry / Every. It has a 4 Cylinder engine, with a Bosch Motronic EFI ( Electronic Fuel Injection ) .

I plan to compile whatever I learn here to hopefully help others in the future.

The speed limiter is built into the Bosch Motronic ECU located above the gas and brake pedal below the dash. There is a single chip that can be replaced in it that governs fuel output, or you can replace the entire ECU. I purchased one online. The one you want is a 3600010A9 . I was locked at 23mph, and now it does around 50 wide open.

Keys can be made using an Suzuki Ilco Blank (SUZ17-P) . I have a Ilco and Curtis key cutter, but lacked this blank. Wal-Mart also cut me a key by telling them it fit a Suzuki Samurai ( Cassette B-52). Same key fits all doors, ignition, and fuel door.

Outer door handles are the same as early 2000's Suzuki Carry. I ordered a pair on ebay and replaced my broken handle.

Rims are 4x100 bolt pattern, offset is roughly +45mm. It came with 13" wheels, and I found a set of 13" aluminum wheels online very reasonable.

My van has an automatic transmission. The transmission is a re-manufactured Ford C4 3 Speed automatic. I think it has a custom cast bell / bell housing to match the little motor. There is a modulator that can be adjusted to taller shifts that can be adjusted with a screwdriver by removing a vacuum line ( turn it clockwise). It is set to shift all the way to 3rd before 20mph from the factory. Adjusted almost all the way out, mine shifts at 14-15mph, and 23-25mph.

Spark Plugs I removed were NGK BPR4ES , manual calls for AC Delco R45XLS .

Windshield Wiper Blades are 16"

My van would not crank in Park and would sometimes not crank in neutral when I bought it. I adjusted the shift cable at the transmission and solved this problem. There is a sensor / switch on the automatic transmission that was not lining up correctly.

The VIN number is located on the driver side windshield dash, and there is another stamped into the body under the passenger seat when it is flipped back to open the engine compartment.

I will add to this as I mess with the van some more. I currently have it tagged/insured and drive it.

Attached Files:

General Li likes this.
  2. General Li

General Li New Member

Thank you. This is good info. Mine is a little older and is a truck. But my wife did notice it really looks a lot like the Carry. 20220315_183051.jpg

3. JoeB

JoeB New Member

I am working on a second van now.

Spark plug gap is 0.30. I am currently going to try some Autolite Platinum AP65 plugs.

Serpentine Belt is 4PK760

Second van had a very dirty fuel system. After going through several fuel pumps, I purchased a new tank from Tiger Trucks in Oklahoma.

Fuel contamination stopped up my injectors. They use a Bosch type injector (Looks like a Bosch 210 from searching). I cleaned them and put them back in.
    They are held in place by the fuel rail and o-rings on top and bottom. The thought of removing them was more intimidating than the actual process.

I purchased plug wires, rotor button and a distributor cap from Tiger trucks as well. Could have gotten these a lot cheaper if I had planned ahead and got them from Ali-express or similar.
    Everything fit but the distributor cap, could not get it to fit correctly.

I had the first one registered as a LSV or Low Speed Vehicle through the local tag office. Apparently its is fairly easy in Alabama, as there are a lot of UTV, Side by Sides and Golf Carts being tagged/registered.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2023