1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 1995 Carry dies when warmed up.

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Wheelie, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Wheelie

Wheelie Member

Im no stranger to mechanics. I have gone through and changed all the fluids, plugs, cap, rotor, rebuilt carb, new fuel and vacuum lines, new fuel filter. I tested all the vacuum diaphragms on the carb and distributor. I did all this knowing the truck needed maintenance and was sure the carb rebuild would fix it but it didn't. I found it doesn't like to stay running when warm. The thing runs great cold. After it warms up it bucks and acts like it's running out of fuel even though the pump is on. I'm going to look at coil , fuel cut off solenoid and fuel pump tomorrow even though fuel pump is working audibly but Anyone else had this issue and fixed it?

2. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

I have my idle set high to keep it running!
    Let me know what you find, I am planning on doing the exact same thing!

3. Wheelie

Wheelie Member

I fixed it! I found that the center screw between the vacuum ports was almost closed. I assumed it was idle mixture because I had my vacuum gauge connected and noticed adjusting that screw increased idle and engine vacuum readings. I left it at 1.5 turns out. I then fine tuned the idle using the butterfly adjustment screw. I also capped off the canister supply port because the diaphragm was bad causing a vacuum leak: Truck idled great with no surge today for the first time since I have owned it.

4. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

so that is an idle air screw!

5. Wheelie

Wheelie Member

I believe so. I never adjusted or removed that screw during the carb rebuild . I wish I would have now and blew some brake cleaner through it to see where it goes. My thinking is it may have been adjusted differently due to different elevations . Anyhow it runs great now and I'm stoked. I also completed my snorkel and it turned out great. Next is my off-road tires and it's ready to put to use at my property.

6. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

Got pics of the snorkel?

7. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

OK just went and tested mine, it was like 3.5 out!
    I lowered the idle and put air screw at 1.5 and we will see how it runs out Monday!

8. Wheelie

Wheelie Member

I need to figure out how to resize the pics . Apparently they are too large to post.

9. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

Let me know so I can too?

10. Wheelie

Wheelie Member

Here it is. I may lowe the filter and I want to get better clamps for the hose but its works fine. I used a uni filter on the top. I may do a snorkel thread.

Attached Files:

11. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

Very interesting!
    Pics of below?

12. Wheelie

Wheelie Member