1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Munched Suzuki Van.

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by olddatsunfan, Jul 6, 2010.

1. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Well, bad news guys, I got rear ended this morning in my Suzuki Van on the way to work. I don't know if ICBC is going to write the guy off yet, but, it doesn't sound good .... Wish me luck with insurance!

On another note, does anyone local have listings for a 1992 Suzukin Carry or Every Van with a Combi kit on it and a 4 wheel drive 5 speed with A/C from BC? I have a feeling I'm in for a long argument with the Insurance adjuster :(!

2. zardoz

zardoz Member

Now thats just a shame :( I feel yer pain, good luck with the battle that is sure to ensue.

z

3. That's bloody awful news!! Hopefully they don't write it off, my fingers are crossed for ya.

If there's an option to buy her back, make sure you do!
    check PM as well.

4. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Thanks guys, I hope they don't write her off, but, I'm not optimistic. I don't know about buying her back either, if I have to go buy another one, I'll probably get a Subaru Domingo this time around ....

5. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Sorry about your luck.:(..at least you are ok...if you were rear ended and there's no mechanical damage you may make out well by parting it out..good luck

6. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

Sorry to hear that Jason.

Damn!

7. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Thanks guys, it's in the hands of the appraisers now!

8. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

i hope it comes out in your favor!

9. erixun

erixun Member

Not to sound morbid or to rub salt in your wounds... but do you have any pictures of the damage? What was the other vehicle? Speeds? Just curious. And I hope the insurance people are good to you after all the money they get from us!

10. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Well, I didn't take any pictures of it guys, I was too depressed, I'm thinking that since they've said that it's going to be at least $4500 to fix so far without looking at anything beyond the surface damage, I'm hooped .... Guess I have to wait and find out what all they'll give me for it now.

Anyone interested in parts from a 4 wheel drive, 5 speed Suzuki Carry Van?

Jason

11. zazenmaster

zazenmaster Member

Hmmmm

Is that $4500 figure from an actual auto body shop, or just from ICBC?

Given the recent scandals regarding ICBC employees selling written-off vehicles cheap to friends and family, I'd be inclined to question the objectivity of any figures they give you.

Robb

12. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

That's the figure from the body shop so far. They are removing the body kit to see what of damage is beneath it now ....

13. zazenmaster

zazenmaster Member

14. zazenmaster

zazenmaster Member

15. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

I printed out that every from terra2, could work for me!

Thanks!

16. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

Now you get to test drive new ones at least.

17. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Yay TEST DRIVE! Wait, the dealers hang out here right, there not gonna let me go for a boot then are they ?

18. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Well guys, bad news, I got back from holidays to find out that ICBC has assessed $7700 worth of damage to the van and have decided to write it off as total loss :eek: ... I haven't found anything for sale less than $8000 and no 4 wheel drive ones at all, I guess the fun begins now with valuation :frustration: :( ....

Wish me luck!

19. anthill

anthill Member

Jason, sorry to hear your sweet van got written off. Best of luck with a fair valuation. And if it's not too soon, I hope a well-priced 4WD VW-kit Domingo comes your way. ;)

20. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

Good luck Jason!

Hope you find one,

Ask if you can buy yours back?

21. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Thanks guys! There's a fellow up in Kelowna that has a engine and transmissionless carry van who wants mine for the spare parts and drivetrain. I guess I'll try to buy her back for him so he can get his going again ....

All right then, I'm on the hunt for a AWD Domingo with a combi kit!

22. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

ohh upgrade :D

23. franck2cv

franck2cv Member

Hi Jason! Sorry to hear about your misfortune! Main thing is.... you did not not get hurt! Good luck with your Domingo hunt.... If you succeed then you will be the third owner on this forum.... wooaaaa.... What a croud! :rolleyes:

Franck

24. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Thanks Franck, you bet, not getting hurt is the good part! It's going to be a long hunt I think!

25. BC_MMC

BC_MMC Member

Go see Japanoid in New Westminster they had a couple vans in the $7000 range when I visited them in April. One was a 4wd with the 1300cc Justy engine in it.

26. franck2cv

franck2cv Member

Well you never know..... Think about how unlikely I was to find a good exemple in Germany without speaking a word of German!!!... It just happened! Having both Domingo paired with the VW kit is pushing a bit though.... ;)
    Fingers cross...

27. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

I've talked to Shogo and Dean at Japanoid already, all of the ones they've got and the ones coming in the next shipment are spoken for already ... I'm on the list, however, it may take some time. We shall see ... I've tried contacting Kei King as they had one listed on their site as arriving before it went down, but, no reply so far ...

28. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Sucks dude :( Glad you're able to walk away and buy another one... but it still sucks!

29. franck2cv

franck2cv Member

Hmmm... no moon roof and full time 4x4 - I'd wait for a better option unless the asking price is very attractive of course.....

30. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Hah, the asking price on the Domingos over at Japanoid have gone up by $2000 in the last few shipments. I'll just have to shop harder I guess.