1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mud and dirt

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Mighty Milt, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

while on a mission to acquire more frosty beverages i passed by the big open field i often do... today i turned in. needless to say my 10 minute beer run became a 45 excursion.

it's an old closed down camp ground that i took plenty of time exploring. i have finally found the limitations of my truck... the lack of traction and the stock ride height failed a few of my endeavors. i got stuck up to the doors in mud so thick i was sure i would have to call the missus and walk through the quagmire to hitch a rope between two trucks... but it got out.

since i was solo i only got pix of the hills i almost climbed... and forget to get a pic of my truck high centered finally making it over....

almost but not quite....
    [​IMG]

spinning the tires to much to make it up....
    [​IMG]

2. Subaru

Subaru Member

Did you try that run after sampling your beverages?
    Is there a lift kit and tires in your little guys future?

3. missmini

missmini New Member

After a few beverages myself I must say "I love you guys" I can't wait till my beverage getters get here!

4. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

i was well below legal limits and on private property. i did shake up my beer a bit getting home.

i spent a good portion of the day trying to source mid 90's civic rims and tires, they are as rare as hen's teeth it would seem.

and then a 2" lift.

the missus is worried about my truck ending up sideways or upside down, and worst of all with her in it

when i rolled my first car at 18 my sister put a sticker on my new car that said "remember, shiney side up, greasy side down!"

5. CHAD S.

CHAD S. New Member

I Do Have To Say I Think The Frosty Beverages Help Take These Trucks To The Limit! Where The Limit Is I Can't Say Yet! I Admire The Smoke Stack!!! That Is My Next Project.

6. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

So far I have found it to be the rear axle. I broke it last night, trying to break something.

-Greg