1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitsubishi U62T

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by TnTom, Jan 31, 2012.

1. TnTom

TnTom New Member

Anybody close to Chattanooga, TN have a Mitsubishi U62T that they would like to show off. I am thinking about ordering one and would like to sit in one and make sure the cab is roomy enough for me (6' 3", 250 lbs) before I order one. Also wondering if anyone has any input regarding their experience with this model (quality, problems, etc.)

2. absarokee01

absarokee01 New Member

You are to big. They are a good unit.

3. Wedge

Wedge Member

I was wondering the same thing about the space in the cab since I'm 6"2 200lbs I was told you would have head room but its around the knee in the dash that the issue is problematic. I'm wondering what are the measurments from bottom of the seat all the way to the dash and from floor to under dash and under the steering that would help to know what space is their.

4. TnTom

TnTom New Member

"I was told you would have head room but its around the knee in the dash that the issue is problematic."

Since I posted that question I went out to Colorado and sat in the Mitsubishi and had plenty of knee room and head room, not a ton but definitely doable. I sat (I am 6' 3" and 250lbs.) in a Subaru and my knee really banged on the center console, so I didn't like that. I currently have a Diahatsu S83P 1993 and I fit in that okay, but have to slide my left leg in first to get under the steering wheel and I didn't have to do that in the Mitsubishi, but still tight but at least I was not banging the center console. I have decided to to hold out and try to get a newer deck van to have more enclosed cargo area, but I understand there some import issues to get a deck van in that is newer that 2000.

None of these trucks have a huge amount of room inside, but it is sure great to have a enclosed cab with heat and out of the rain when hunting and traveling back and forth to the stands. Lot of pluses, I just wish I was about 5' 8" and 160!!!!

5. Wedge

Wedge Member

^^ I am very happy to hear this because I am looking to buy a minicab. Thank you very much for sharing this info.

6. If you're looking for a newer deck van, get a hold of twinriversatv.com, I think she has some newer model deck vans and more on the way, currently there are no import issues with bringing in units newer than 2000, we've had some 2005 Hijet deck vans already. The only problem with deck vans is they don't have high/low range, the U62V vans not only have high/low range but an incredible amount of room in the back when you fold the seats down, they fold completely flat giving you all kinds of enclosed storage

7. mitsu911

mitsu911 Member

I am 6'3" 215 and it is plenty comfortable for me.

8. 69cjpony

69cjpony New Member

Ha guys I am 6'2" 300 lbs have a 1999 u62t. Plenty of room cab is bigger than u42. Only thing I did was add a taller seat cushion.

Patrick Brathwaite likes this.
  9. Patrick Brathwaite

Patrick Brathwaite New Member

I have a friend who hunts in the fall and I'm trying hard to convince him a U62T flatbed would be perfect for him. A much better option than a quad. He is a bigger guy and your experience will be good info for him. Thanks.