1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitsubishi Minicab Ac Help!

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Kerklander, May 5, 2022.

1. Kerklander

Kerklander New Member

Hey everyone, new member trying to diagnose an a.c. issue. 92 mitsu minicab U42T.

My a.c. clutch will not engage!

When I push the a.c. button the light does not come on and the clutch won't engage. The condenser fan turns on, but there seems to be no power to the low pressure or high pressure switches. There is a relay that I can hear clicking under the dash... should I be tearing into the dash to see where it might lead? I have attempted to jump the low and high pressure switches...thinking it may be a freon pressure issue that could be bypassed short term to diagnose...still no clutchy spinny.

I have confirmed that the clutch does indeed work by putting 12volts to it directly. All fuses that I can find are fine. What am I missing?

I have been going through everything as best as I know how, but could really use an a.c. wiring diagram of sorts, or some guidance.

2. Kei3DO

Kei3DO New Member

This happened to me this morning. My minicab doesn't like the order of which it is activated. Try different orders of which you activate it. E.I. Engage blowers, then A/C or push in A/C before cranking then engaging blowers. Only issue I'm having is when the engine is under load from the A/C or alternator, the engine doesn't idle up to compensate. So the truck just stalls constantly. I'm not sure if it's supposed to automatically idle up under load, or if I'm just an idiot and have to manually compensate the throttle myself. I just haven't been using my A/C the past 2 months and stopped even worrying about it lmao