1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitsubishi fuel injectors

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Live wire, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Live wire

Live wire New Member

Recently purchased a 2005 minicab. Previous owner stated he had one injector replaced. It was for a Mitsubishi Lancer. I checked and sure enough I’m running on two cylinders. Noticed the black protective hose is missing on the injector plug wiring and they damaged the connector. I checked ohms on all three injectors. The two that are original checked 14.5 ohms and orange lancer injector checked 15.9 ohms. From videos I’ve watched on YouTube all injectors should test the same resistance and not be that far apart. I ordered three new ones from amazon that I’m waiting to arrive sometime by the end of the month or next. In the meantime I’m going to grind down a spark plug socket and check out the plugs and replace if necessary.

Attached Files:

2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Live Wire,
    Glad to hear that! Those were my thought in your other post! Remember, you can never change your fuel filter too often! New plugs, always a great idea! I went with an Iridium, hotter spark theory. I like it!
    Good Luck!
    Limestone

3. Live wire

Live wire New Member

Quick update with the mini truck. I purchased new injectors for the mini truck and have been waiting patiently for the past month and a half for them to arrive. So in the meantime I was able to grind down a spark plug socket and change the plugs and check compression. I had 155psi in each cylinder which made me sigh with relief. Just got back from restoring power from tropical storm zeta and my injectors has arrived. The old injectors had what looked like rust oozing from them. Cleaned the fuel rail and replaced with the new injectors. I siphoned the gas from the tank and dropped the tank, but couldn’t figure out how to disconnect the fuel lines. So I just replaced it and fueled back up with fresh gas. The truck fired right up and ran fantastic. OMG at the power, but after 30 minutes or so of driving i suspect the injectors are getting clogged back up. I guess I’m going to have to figure out how to drop the tank and do a thorough cleaning. There’s some kind of canister mounted to the frame mid point that the fuel lines run into. Not sure if that’s where the filter is, fuel pump or whatever. I suspect this may be where my trash lives.

I’ll update when I make some more headway.

4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I would guess that the canister is the evaporative emissions, or charcoal canister.

5. RHM

RHM New Member

1991 Mitsubishi Minicab U42T
    Speaking of fuel pumps ? Do you folks know the pressure required from the fuel pump. I have a Mitsubishi Minicab Manual by James Danko and it says 2.8 kg/cm2 which looks like 39.8 psi. Is that correct. If so I assume that pressure is for the fuel injection. The original fuel pump is very small, hard to imagine it putting out that pressure. Is there a good source for fuel pumps that will work for my 1991 Mitsubishi. Im in Nova Scotia and a long way from parts source.

Thank you Ron

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  6. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

7. Live wire

Live wire New Member

Took a quick picture of the canister under the truck. After closer examination the fuel line that goes to the fuel injection rail doesn’t go to it. A different line from the tank goes to the canister.

Looks like I’m going to have to drop the tank and do a thorough cleaning.

Attached Files: