1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitsubishi bravo turbo

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by arenlynn, Nov 5, 2007.

1. arenlynn

arenlynn Guest

have a bravo turbo van auto trans ,wonder if any one knows if you can put a high lo range transfer case in this?It runs down the road great, way faster than its supose to, but easing around the deer lease it needs a little more lowend.

2. arenlynn

arenlynn Guest

van

[​IMG]

This has power windows,locks, AC,and turbo 4cyl.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2007
  3. misterturbo

misterturbo Member

Thats a nice van, I thought microvan's were not allowed in the US though?

Does yours have the carb. or fuel injected engine? I have a couple, one is the MGi model with EFI the dual opening sunroof, the other is a 4WD with carb.

http://www.kei-cars.com/index_files/bravo_MGI.htm

Does yours have the crazy reversing seats?

Chris

4. Colin

Colin Member

Sweet. I love the paintjob. :D

5. arenlynn

arenlynn Guest

This is 4X4 and fuelinjected.Trying to see if i can put a hi-lo trasfercase in it out of a PU.Also its not paint its SPEEDLINER bed liner .I also have brush camo perferated window tint that is fixing to go on all the windows but the front.I have had it up to 140 kph, not bad for a van. In the process of building a 3" lift. No one makes one for this so I am building one.Then I will put my wheels and tires on.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2007
  6. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Daaaannngggg! That is nice! Yeah, you put bigger tires on it and you'll for SURE need a lower range. (I have a similar problem with my All-Trac...plenty of grip but not low enough gears).

7. Brian Shirley

Brian Shirley New Member

Post up what you figure out on the transfer case. I have a turbo auto too. I think the transfer caseis some kind of AWD with a limited slip in it. Mine seems to slip when it needs front wheel drive. Need to rebuild mine. Awesome driver!

8. CLA3

CLA3 New Member

Mitsubishi Bravo.. Just acquired

Just acquired a 1996 Mitsubishi Bravo. Auto Trans, AWD, all electric. Love the vehicle. Have ordered a 2 1/2" lift and intend to line-x exterior. Looking for suggestions on tires. This vehicle has 13 in rims and about the only tires I can find are snow tires. Also, when climbing hills the AWD seems to slip/make noise. Anyone know if this is normal? Runs great on highway.. 80kmh. Hope I don't need a new transfer case. Would think if the AWD had a problem it would make noise all the time. Thanks! Chuck

9. Radar

Radar Member

I don't get to climb many hills around here. I do however want a low gear transfer case or something also. That first gear is way to high for off road.

10. rynow

rynow Member

info on how Bravo runs in the Summer

Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a 93 mits bravo 4x4 turbo van , I had a mits car in the past and it always overheated when the temp outside was at 90 because the fuel pump was close to the engine, wich caused the fuel to evaporate before it could make it to the engine.

How do these little vans run in the summer heat?

is it easy to make repairs on the engine under the seats? etc.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Ry

11. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

cool wing you got there...did it come with it or did you put it on?
    wyatt

12. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

this things got a 4 cylinder? sweet :D

13. just got my hijet painted that same color :D it was called doeskin tan

14. candyk123

candyk123 Guest

lovely. I really really like.