1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mits U42t plug wires

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Nathan Marshall, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Nathan Marshall

Nathan Marshall New Member

I'm trying to chase down a problem in my 95 u42t. Blowing black smoke. Loads up on fuel and you have to play with the throttle to clear it out. Gets a little better when warm but still smokes some and its way down on power. 27L/100kms. Could be a carb issue but I don't really know how to check the carb. So I figure maybe it's spark related. With a timing light on the coil wire, I get what looks like a steady spark, but when I check each plug lead, it looks very uneven and sporadic. I'm going to order a cap and rotor as mine looks a little worn, and probably a carb kit if I can find one, but then I was thinking, are the plug wires the resistive type or not. I have resistive ones installed right now and wonder if that's not part of the problem. If anyone knows or could ohm out one of theirs I'd really appreciate the insight

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I would suspect that the wires are resistor type. The AM Radio seems to be standard in all of them, and non-resistor wires makes hellacious whine.