1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mits manual US 550 3g81 lefty

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab References' started by Dan, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Dan

Dan Member

I'm not having any luck posting the manual here so I'm trying the file share service at "the box"

this is the introductory information chapter titled

00general

http://www.box.net/shared/zqgdkzn0s9

2. Dan

Dan Member

3. Dan

Dan Member

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  4. satorie

satorie New Member

You wouldn't happen to have the chapter on the suspension and bearings translated as well would you. If you could post that up that would be great.

5. Dan

Dan Member

This should send you to the front end portion of the manual. it includes the axle and bearing info for the american version 2wd and manually engaged 4wd

http://www.box.net/shared/vbd8lx6v4e

Dan

6. Dan

Dan Member

7. satorie

satorie New Member

Thanks a lot for the manuals. You don't know how much they help.

8. Dan

Dan Member

Did mitsubushi ever get back to you with any info? I know this manual isn't exactly the truck you have. just wondering if mitsubishi had anything to contribute. i havent tried to reach them for over a decade on this type of vehicle. industrial division used to support the lefty's in the 90's... hope you get your bearing issues worked out.

Dan

9. satorie

satorie New Member

I was transferred by phone to three different continents and was told that there was nothing that they could do. Mitsubishi North America said that its not there problem, The international office said that they don't care and the Japanese manufacturer said that they couldn't find the information. So I have lost all faith in Mitsubishi.

10. rynow

rynow Member

lack of mits support

I got basically the same answers.
    I may try contacting a friend of a friend in japan and see
    what he might be able to find.

Question-
    these mighty mits lefty manuals...will any of this apply to my
    1992 Mits Bravo? cus I can't find a manual anywhere.
    Although I do have my japanese owners manual and maint logs.
    :sly:
    R

11. Dan

Dan Member

12. Dan

Dan Member

heres a link to the whole folder in my "BOX" account. I added some electrical schematics too. Hope these pdf's help some of you here.

http://www.box.net/shared/0kpymfg7bs

let me know if there's anything else i can help with.

Dan

13. Tom

Tom New Member

Thanks for all the great manual scans.
    I am collecting them as you post them.
    I have a lefty and want to figure out the speed sensor to defeat the governor.
    Is it possible for you to scan and post section 54 chassis electrical?

Thanks Tom

14. Dan

Dan Member

I just scanned in the chassis electrical section of the manual and it's posted on the box account.
    http://www.box.net/shared/0kpymfg7bs

Sorry it took a while before i got back to you on this.

Dan

15. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dan,
    A public Thank You for your manual postings. I use them and share them when ever I can.

Thanks again.

16. Dan

Dan Member

Steven, thanks for the appreciation. I try to help where i can.

Tom, let me know if you win on the governor challenge. I've tried a few times and finally gave in and changed out the entire ignition system. There's an after market remedy with a few alterations. search the threads to find some clues on how some of us coped...

Good luck

Dan

17. Devilhorse

Devilhorse New Member

I am having a terrible fuse blowing problem that I can't find. I have a 1992 Mitsubishi Minicab 660. Can these attachments on this thread basically be used for my vehicle? Thanks so much for the help.

Mike

18. swainplane

swainplane New Member

Engine service manual for 3G83 engine, truck Model U42T

Hi , I am in need of the service manual on the engine for the Mitsubishi mini with the 3G83 engine, am having problems starting, I need to check timing and distributor, had checked fire on #1 plug it was iractic and wanting to spit back through the carb.

19. 3banger

3banger Member

Thanks!

I've needed these for a long time. Now I hope some of this stuff relates to my '89 with an 800cc.

You rock, dude!

20. Matt_PAE

Matt_PAE New Member

Dan, wanted to thank you for the reference manuals. I just joined the forum. I am working on downloading all of them.

I aquired a Lefty yesterday. I am not sure of the year but it has a 3g81 engine and 3 spd transmission. I planned to just take it as a trade on a 95 Carry I had sold but it runs to good to dismantle. I am going to need to try to fix reverse or find a used transmission for it as well as some front axle outer cv parts or whole axles. Any input would be appreciated. If anyone has a used 3spd trans that will fit I am interested in locating one.

21. 93mit

93mit Member

I had my 3 speed replaced with a 4 speed, I don't regret it one bit.

22. Roy

Roy New Member

Hey Dan,

Thank you so much for uploading these manuals! I am a new owner of a 1988 U15T and couldn't find any information before now. It currently runs but needs a new clutch and the motor white smokes pretty bad. I'm planning on rebuilding the motor and replacing the clutch. I was wondering if you had any more of this manual in PDF, or knew where I could get a whole copy?
    Also I was wondering if there is any adjustment for the clutch cable? I cannot find anywhere to let it out so the clutch makes better contact. Or if there is an aftermarket adjustable clutch cable available without making it myself or having one made?

23. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

My clutch cable broke and I replaced it with the longest thing I could find digging through catalogs... I had to reroute it to be long enough, and I almost think I had to piece something together at the transmission end with some cable clamps. Nice to not have something rusty now though - much better action.

I'm probably doing a complete drivetrain swap in the next year or so though since I have the 3 speed and a BAD oil smoking problem.

24. Ronin

Ronin Active Member Supporting Member

Cable still available here, holler if you want me to grab you one.

My Mitsu smoked like a cheap crackhoor too, one of the reasons for Suz19... that and all the cold showers, see earlier posts. Did eliminate a lot of mosquitoes. My case, valve seals I think. Fine half the time on start, t'otter half fumigation... :confused:

So yours might need a head overhaul, or rings... Complete drivetrain swap... that'll be a job.

25. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

I did valve seals, made NO difference. Compression is low, it needs a full rebuild - and it would still be a tiny little motor.

I'm hopefully taking trade on a Samuri that needs a starter for some coilovers I just retired off my ultra4, loose plan to run that for the summer and then swap ALL of it into the mini, solid axles and all. I want the mini to be the coolest pit truck around, and be able to hit road speed, and do some light wheeling.

26. Roy

Roy New Member

Ronin, is that cable you have an adjustable one or the stock cable?

I was hoping that it was just the head gasket or rings since I was getting white smoke. I haven't torn into it yet, now I'm a little nervous since you guys couldn't get the smoke to quit.

I have the 3 speed also and was trying to find the pics of the transmission where the 4th gear was disabled but couldnt find them. It would be awesome to get that last gear and more top speed!

27. Ronin

Ronin Active Member Supporting Member

Would be stock... and iirc I can't imagine it's not adjustable. If you got something that looks like a P/N I can get an exact fix on it for you.

28. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

Roy, if you dig around you'll find posts here that tell you a certain character in your VIN indicates whether your 4th gear is easy or nigh impossible to enable. I want to say 7th or 8th digit as a P or something else but don't quote me on that.

The original transmission photos that had been posted are lost to the sands of hosting changes but I seem to recall conversing with someone 6 months ago or so who posted a photo showing the splines in the gear that are not cut

29. Roy

Roy New Member

Ronin, I haven't been able to find a p/n yet but will keep looking. I'm about to do a full tear down so I should find it then.

Mr mindless thanks for the info! I'll keep looking for those posts about the trans. If mine does turn out to be one with an available 4th gear I'll post the pics.