1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

miniMOG's FLAGSHIP truck! pics!!!

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by miniMOG, Sep 30, 2008.

1. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

Do you recognize this truck?

This truck is badda$$! Its a 1996 but one of THE nicest trucks I have seen. Only 6300 miles. Honda Acty Crawler with tracks.

My plan is to lift it, put alum wheels and 23" tires on it, and I am going to build a light bar to put some HID lighting on it for offroad.

I'll post pics as the build progresses.

:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  2. Subaru

Subaru Member

Nice truck
    Adds another level of uniqueness(?) to these already attention grabbing trucks:cool:

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

So YOU bought the one that was on Ebay? We had fun watching that one.. Just so cool. I don't suppose you'd want to trade it for a 1989 beat-up Corolla All-Trac with mongo miles on it? :D And maybe some assorted bikes?

Have fun with that thing!

4. 350v8s10

350v8s10 Member

Nifty! Which wheels are driven?

5. Acerguy

So maybe you can confirm some things. Is the second rear axle a "dummy" or is it actually a 6x6?

Since it sounds like you're not going to use the track on this particular truck, here's an idea for you as to what to do with them. Take ANOTHER truck (probably almost anything except a Subaru) and put a second, non-driven, axle behind it on a somewhat stretched frame. Then put a stakebed or something to match on it. Whaddyathink? :cool: A long-bed, tracked Kei truck!

6. Acerguy

Come to think of it, they make similar "over-the-tire" type setups for skid steers so you could apply this concept to anything with a little bit of ingenuity. Hmmm.....

7. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

it doesn't look like you can put too big of a tire on it before the rear two tires start to rub one another. :confused:

if you lift it and change the wheels, will you still be able to run the stock trax?

8. Acerguy

All I know is I've got tracks on the brain now. Here are some more! Sigh...this will pass and I can get back to work. :p

9. Mighty Milt

has that truck got a better GVW with the second axle on there?

10. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

Thanks, guys-

This is the one from ebay- I had been trying to buy it before it went on ebay. When it didnt sell, we got together and made the deal.

Only the rear most tires are driven, and then when you install the tracks all all driven (by the rears). The front rear axle is a bogie. And of course the front axle is driven like normal.

You should see this thing- inside, outside, and under carraige look like new! The tread on the tires is weird because it scrubs when turning.

I am not sure on the GVW, but I am going to say -yes it increases it. Just looking at all the rear suspension, it looks very HD. Maybe I can find some indication on the truck- I"ll look.

We'll see how/if tires fit. I'll have to do some measuring and test fitting. I think it would look/work good with alum wheels and a set of All Trails. Then when the tracks are installed, the front tires will be aired way down for the sand so the diameter will be close to stock. And you can fudge that a little when off the pavement. We fudge tire sizes on the 4wd tractors all the time with no problem. The tracks will only fit on the "tracks tires" that were included.

I think I am going to add tint the windows to my mod list.

11. Mighty Milt

i was wondering about that since it has so many tires on such a short wheel base.

12. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

sweet rig!! :D
    wyatt

13. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

btw- I thought I would give you guys a glimpse of my 'other' flagship truck for 100dollarman.net that I just got finished--

Bobbed Deuce on 49"s!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hijacked myself!!! LOL!

Attached Files:

14. Mighty Milt

what exactly is "bobbing" a truck? i've built choppers and bobbers and understand the term in the application of motorcycles, but i'm a little lost on it's deffinition here :confused: i know that doesn't look like the old deuce and a half i rode in during my army daze.

15. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

WOW!!! where do you live the moon??? yet another sweet rig :D

wyatt

16. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Thanks for confirming my guess on rearmost axle and front being driven.
    There should still be a load capacity sticker on the back, right below the "Acty". If normal weight then it will read 350kg or ? if heavier payload allowed.
    Your one lucky fellow.:)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  17. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

We take a regular 10 wheeled 6x6 Mil Deuce and chop/shorten the frame 30-48" (depending on the look I am going for), shorten the bed or replace the bed with one from a M105 trailer (like this bob deuce). Remove the rear axles and springs, then replace with different spring set-up and 1 axle---lengthen/shorten driveline as need, then use any combo of wheels/tires. Any where from stock tires single, duals, taller, wider, etc.

Here is what a stock one looks like before I Bob it-

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. 350v8s10

350v8s10 Member

Your "Bobber" is absolutely terrific. What is the approximate value of the "Bobber" truck finished and ready to deliver?

19. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

Thanks, man!

Most places get $8500 and up----I sell them for $7500. A regular Deuce goes for about $5000 and we charge $2500 to bob it.

20. 350v8s10

350v8s10 Member

Thanks! I am interested in getting one. So as not to highjack this thread, I'll contact you directly.

Terry

21. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

Call me anytime!

22. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

We got the tracks on the Honda- I will post pics and report later today!

23. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

Here are a few pics with the tracks on-

It drives nicer/smoother tham expected and not much power loss if any. I have some sand dunes near the shop (about 25 miles) that we will take it to try it out on the sand and drive it on some rough terrain, hills and such. Hopefully it will work well as it will see some Glamis duty this year! And Dumont!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

24. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

So do you: jack up one side of the truck/ mount unaired rim&tire/ loop track over first tire with second tire in track/ mount second unaired tire&rim/
    Inflate both tires to spec/ Good to go?

25. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

Exactly!!!

26. Colin

Colin Member

Holy crap, the bobbed duece rules all. That has "winter beater" written all over it!

So... 4 MPG, or what?

Trade for a '90 Sambar? :D

27. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

Colin- I cant wait to get this beast in the snow!

about 10-12mpg.

no.:D

28. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

A few mods to the Honda 6x6 today-

offroad lights
    tab for dune flag mount on top of lightbar
    lifted front 2"
    mounted rear seat-- offset to one side to fit a cooler or ?

Going to try to get a pair of alum wheels and All Trails on the front before the weekend. Taking it and another tracked truck out to Dumont Dunes this weekend.

:cool:

29. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

pics

also painted front bumper black-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

30. Colin

Colin Member

Schweet. :D

You really spurred my interest with that bobbed deuce... I found a few M35s on the local Craigslist classifieds for $3500. Probably going to buy one as soon as my Sambar sells. :p

Colin

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008