1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

miniMOG stolen and recovered! pics.

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by miniMOG, Sep 10, 2008.

1. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

About 2 weeks ago someone broke into the yard, found a key, and drove it right through a 6' fence!!!

I didnt know a Kei truck could do that!

Anyways, we found it yesterday and picked it up today and brought it back to the shop. Its busted up pretty good. Too bad they stole this one. It was a really clean 1990 Daihatsu with cold a/c, diff lock, and a pto driven ac generator! And it had factory alum wheels!

I hate thieves. We are working on more security now. I still hope to catch who stole it.

I am not sure if I can save it, or turn it into a parts truck. They ripped out the radiator, condensor, cut wires, busted windsheild, etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Radar

Radar Member

hope they get caught. those bastards.

3. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

that's sad! i can't stand malicious vandalism, there's no sense in that.

stealing is bad enough, joyriding or whatever, but to steal it and just destroy it... what kind of mentality is that?? :confused:

good luck catching them

4. Subaru

Subaru Member

Holy %%##!
    quite a number done to that-Thank goodness for insurance,what value was put on it?
    I think parting it out may be your best option.

5. jtpc

jtpc Member

If only punishment in the US were more severe, people would think twice before doing such a thing at the risk of say, having a hand cut off?

6. barneyrb

barneyrb Member

The hands are not the body parts I was thinking about.

7. Terrh

Terrh New Member

what a shame :(

Was clearly a nice little truck.

8. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

lol they just parked it in the wrong part of town was all :p

9. geoffreyr66

geoffreyr66 Member

That truck looks bad. I feel for you. Its a shame.

10. glenn

glenn Member

sorry to hear about it:(....two things come to mind......get a camera for the yard......disconnect the battery terminal when not in use.....we have a camera in our shop...it caught a dishonest employee;).....do you have insurance?:confused:

glenn

11. D'Animal

D'Animal Member

Sorry that it was stolen and beat up.

If it makes you feel anybetter, mine was in worse shape when I bought it. Let me know if you decide to part it out.