1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Trucks of Germany

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Spottings' started by Walks on Clouds, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Walks on Clouds

Walks on Clouds New Member

When I first entered the military back in '82, we used to drive mini trucks which were basically VW Vanagons chopped off in back of the driver's seat...at least most we drove. There were panels on the back same as the mini trucks we have today. They were tough. We put them through hell. We'd sit grinding their gears while stopping to speak to another driver. Then we'd slam the things into first...the trannies never dropped, but sounded the worst! We used to play 'the can game' where we'd stomp flat a Coke can with rocks inside. We'd throw it inside the back of another airman's truck, it was basically tag, but in trucks. It was dukes of hazzard over the miles of back roads and tarmacks. We did everything and more that the guys in the videos are doing with the videos today...possibly more. They were gov vehicles and we ran the heck out of them. This is what base security did to stay awake and keep the miles of base covered each night at the height of the cold war. One of the other flights (companies) busted terrorists sneaking in the back of the base with explosives one mid shift when playing this game. The art of unpredictability! But these trucks were called DOKA trucks. I don't know when they stopped making them, but we went to using American trucks in West Germany in '84-'85. But I found a few pix on the net. The white truck below is the one closest to the ones we used on base.
    vw pu 1.jpg vw pu 2.jpg vw pu 3.jpg vw pu 4.jpg

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

DOKA's are soooo cool. They were never "officially" imported like that into the US IIRC but a lot of them have come in via our friends to the north. I think there are lot of them running around in the NW. Thanks for posting them.

3. Ramblin' Man

Ramblin' Man New Member

These look like fun, seen any in Montana?

4. Walks on Clouds

Walks on Clouds New Member

Not any of the DOKAs. Keeping my eyes open though. :cool:

5. El Ventu

El Ventu Member

The VWtransporters are abut double the size of a Hijet or similar veichle.
    Here there are a lot of it...I'll see one everyday in my trip to work.
    Probably I can park my Porter in the rear of a Transporter!

6. Driscoll

Driscoll New Member

Want to scrap my old Truck,.
    Nissan model 1996 looking very old but in running form al well,.
    Any one interested or recommend the and scrap store,.

------------------------
    Read More

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  7. Driscoll

Driscoll New Member

Want to scrap my old Truck,.
    Nissan model 1996 looking very old but in running form al well,.
    Any one interested or recommend the and scrap store,.

8. rock007

rock007 New Member

whats the price of the 1996 nissan model