1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini truck & van virgin seeking information.

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by ProWrench, Aug 9, 2007.

1. ProWrench

ProWrench New Member

Hello, I'm a disabled guy and currently I use a Yamaha Rhino to go everywhere that I can't in my wheelchair. I live in a rugged rural area near St. Joseph, MO in the bluffs of the MO river that is mostly farm land and also has a few great off-road areas. But lately I have been wanting one of these Mini Van's or Trucks as I think it might suit my needs a little better I'm getting old).
    The tiny vans I have seen interest me greatly, I would like to add a wheelchair ramp or lift to the sliding door of one of these. I think this has a great deal of potential to giving me back some freedom as I can't get into or out of my Rhino without assistance. I have a Dodge Caravan converted for wheelchair use that I can be totally independent getting into and out of but can only go on paved streets obviously. I would like to set up one of these little 4x4 vans like my Caravan.
    I want a 4x4 with selectable 2 & 4wd with limited slip or positive traction (true 4x4), automatic transmission, air conditioning and finally left hand drive. Can I find a van like this for a reasonble price?
    I don't have a lot of money, fact is I only have the Rhino because I have a fantastic Brother that didn't like seeing me unable to go anywhere to enjoy life, so he bought me the Rhino. I use to build custom bikes and repair them as well as ATV's watercraft etc. and I was teaching motorcycle mechanics before becoming disabled so I could not help myself and have made a lot of changes to the Rhino. It has been built right with the best of everything, much of which was donated to me from former employers and just nice people I know in the industry.
    I don't really want to get rid of it but I'm sure I could sell it and easily have enough for one of these if I need to, I LOVE my Rhino but I think a van that is properly set-up would be better suited to my current needs (getting old is no fun).

Anyone have a lead on where I can find what I'm looking for somewhat close to me? I have tried searching with no luck.
    God bless you & yours.

Happy trails!

2. Brian Shirley

Brian Shirley New Member

I have two deck vans and a van. Deck vans are a just a van with the rear cut off so it has a small pickup bed. I can send some pictures. All three are automatics too. BS

3. ProWrench

ProWrench New Member

That's great, thanks for the response. Where are you located?

Curley

4. Brian Shirley

Brian Shirley New Member

Dodge City KS. They are great trucks.

5. ProWrench

ProWrench New Member

6. xroadsimport

xroadsimport Member

I import trucks. We are in Cameron, MO about 30 miles from St. Joe. You can come and see our trucks. I can get anything that you want and or need.

816-632-3174