1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Truck Talk Forum

Discussion in 'News and Site Support' started by kmoneil, Jun 3, 2007.

1. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

The forum is a work in progress, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Its only been couple days since the forum went live, and already we've got a few good threads going. If you get any errors, please let me know, I will try to fix them ASAP.

Keep on posting!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  2. I'm an administrator at a couple of sites and a supermoderator at another and i've learned that a shoutbox is a great way for members to chat live with each other. Also it makes things more "homey". Just a suggestion.:)

3. kmoneil

Sounds like a great idea. Let me look into it.

Update: I'm still looking into this, I've been really busy at work. I'm going to try to spend sometime working on it during the weekend!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  4. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for getting things started. Once I became interested in Kei trucks I could not believe how hard it was to find out information. I was even tempted to start a forum myself. Glad you did it. I'll pass the word on to a couple of dealers that I've had contact with.

I like this style of forum format. My personal recommendations are to keep things politically neutral, not allow obnoxious avatars and try to get the dealers involved. They might be interested in advertising to help support things and can be a great source of information. :)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  5. Acerguy

I should explain what I meant by "obnoxious avatars". I have been to some sites where there are guys (I doubt it's ever women) with avatars with bouncing body parts, obscene gestures and/or acts or just plain HUGE pictures (and these are automotive related forums...I shudder to think what else is out there). At the very least, I find it distracting. AND, if one is viewing the forum in an office setting...well it is not an incentive to visit. The size that it looks like you have reserved, such as Diamondback Mfg above is perfect :)

Keep it mature yet fun.

6. kmoneil

Hi Acreguy,

Glad you could join the forum! I completely agree with you on the size and the content of the image. The allowed size is a little bit bigger but not much. If things get out of hand I will turn them off to make sure its viewable in an office setting, because I'm in a office all day long.

Thanks for the support!

7. Acerguy

Great. Also, I noticed after lurking around some more of the threads that, so far, the majority of the posting members ARE dealers. Which is great. I more of them can post the link to this forum on their websites, we'll get more traffic. Which makes it more fun. I've already noticed that gominitrucks.com has a link right on their home page. Nice!

8. kmoneil

I just checked and noticed that he does have a link, which is very cool! Thanks James - GoMiniTrucks.com for posting the link on your site to the forum! It will be fun once we get a lot more members.

Thanks Keith!

9. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

Kevin,

I think you can see how much we all appreciate the forum! Thanks again. It is very helpful and a lot of fun.

Maybe everyone with a website can post a link to this forum and we can attract even more members!

10. kmoneil

I've learn a lot about these truck in just the few weeks that we've had it up. I think that would be a great idea to post links on other sites. Thanks again James!

11. lotus4s

lotus4s New Member

Thanks for starting the forum as it's been very helpful in my search for a mini truck. I believe I've found what I was looking for through a dealer here and looking forward to having it in my possession in a couple of days.

Thanks again!

12. The Architect

The Architect New Member

Hey Kevin, just interested in some stats about this forum, as it seems to be one of the only kei truck forums arround...if not the only one? So from the time it went live, did it take long to get hits?, is it free-hosted? and did you sponsor it or get sponsors? just interested thats all.

Cheers, Sam

13. kmoneil

Hey Sam,

Well I started the forum back in first part of June. Last month (October 1, 2007 to October 31, 2007) there was 39,874 Unique Visitors and 441,627 page views. This month from (From November 1, 2007 to November 13, 2007) there has been 20,0018 Unique Visitors and 259,210 page views. So it looks like we're on track to beat last months stats. So far every month we've been going up which is awesome!

I host it and the sponsors that you see buy banners ads and some just donate to help me pay for the hosting and updates to the forum, vBulletin and the gallery add on were about 300 bucks.

I've learn a lot from everyone here and I appreciate all the help from everyone and the support.!

Thanks everyone!

14. kmoneil

Looks like we are increasing at a good rate. Here are the current stats for the months of November, December and some of January.

November
    592,933 Page Views
    49,461 Unique Visits

December
    645,465 Page Views
    56,258 Unique Visits

January 1st to 17th
    370,371 Page Views
    32,220 Unique Visits

15. Doug Waggonner

Doug Waggonner New Member

I've noticed alot of the pictures people have posted dont come up......all I get its the dreaded little rex [x]

Is this something that i'm doing wrong? Or??

16. kmoneil

Post a link to which thread or post, and I will see if I get the same.

17. Doug Waggonner

18. kmoneil

19. Doug Waggonner

Yep, thats what it was :frustration: My Bad.........I was trying to look at the pictures at work and Photo Bucket is ACCESS DENIED :eek:

But everything seems to work fine when I on the home PC.......Thanks again.