1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Truck on USA Today

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by steelyron, Aug 14, 2008.

1. steelyron

steelyron Member

2. Subaru

Subaru Member

good lookin truck for a zuki:p

3. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

lol @ the rod in the box holding the walls apart. other then that nice looking rig.

4. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

the rod in the box is for holding a load in place. they adjust to the width of the bed to keep things from sliding around... it's not jerry rigged. i have one in my dodge full size truck.

5. jtpc

jtpc Member

Interesting articles, but it seems to lack the fuel economy proof behind most of the models listed. We kinda have to go off of the word of the owners of those specific vehicles shown, and as we know, most owners kinda stretch the truth when it comes to their own fuel economy.
    (and as a side note, I usually don't trust the new cars that tell you on the screen what the average mileage is because it seems that most of them show a good 35mpg while on the highway, yet when you do the math yourself at the gas station you find out that your average is closer to 20mpg)
    :)
    But yes, I enjoyed seeing the mini truck make the headlines and most of the cars shown do get decent fuel economy. (which a few questionables in there)

6. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

I use one in our "Subi" to keep the chainsaw and it's gas from "flying" around.

Tmimewww

7. steelyron

steelyron Member

That bar works great for me... I can put 4-5 gallon gas cans in the back, and they don't slide all over the bed.

8. GoFaster

GoFaster Member

Did it come that colour, or did you paint it? Looks like a nice job, with the bumper and (from what I can see) the visible metal in the interior done, too. Nice!!

9. steelyron

steelyron Member

Gofaster,
    I bought it painted blue. Pretty good paint job, but undercarriage was taking a beating and getting chipped up. I used the roll in bed line there and in the bed. The dealer I bought it from was getting them painted in Japan, but has since started getting them painted here. All and All, a good solid truck... only 45000 k. on the clock.

10. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

I would beg to differ on this. I say you're exaggerating just a bit. I've now owned three vehicles with onboard mileage computers. My '03 Prius was typically within 2 - 3 mpg of the calculator. My Escape was similar. The Impala that I now own, has had the most accurate computer, typcially posting within .7 to 1 mpg of the calculator. I can also knock on the door to 30 mpg in it, but I drive in a manner to earn that number.