1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Truck in Louisiana News

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Spottings' started by Radar, May 26, 2008.

1. scottE

scottE Member

I started a new thread on this, thinking no one had covered it. I called the DMV and they said that they can title them as "for off road use only". I am in contact with cathy and she is working on the glitich. as far as I know now is that the trucks will be legal to title but will not get a plate.

2. scottE

scottE Member

another update I have talked to 2 senteters and a couple of reps about mini trucks. They say they all want them but there is probblems getting them pushed throw. And some of them thing that it will lose. I would like to get a list of all the owners or non-owners of mini trucks that would like to help get them on the road in Louisiana. I think that if we show some support to the right people that it will go throw. I heard that TX is considering them close now and MS is already on board, so why break the chain. Louisiana reps are using the "everyone else is doing it" approch. We need to help these men and women out the best we can.

3. gregw98

gregw98 Member

Legal in LA???
    Supposedly went into law yesterday. As reported on WWL Radio.
    http://wwl.com/pages/2556150.php?
    This guy could as easily be talking about motorcycles and not mini trucks, as far as safety issues.
    Wow, I am listening to him as I am typing, it sounds like only NEW mini trucks will be legal. WTF, I guess his payoff check never arrived.

BTW: Brake tags are Inspection Stickers.

4. Radar

Radar Member

Louisiana Automobile Dealers Association President Bob Israel on "mini trucks":

this guy is probably just mad because someone that is not a car dealer is making money selling kei trucks.

I also think my van is more EPA friendly than my CBR600 was.

5. barneyrb

barneyrb Member

Any word yet on Louisiana? Has anyone gotten plates yet? What insurance company did you use? Daddy are we there yet?

6. scottE

scottE Member