1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini truck for towing behind RV

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by lx93, Apr 6, 2022.

1. lx93

lx93 New Member

I am looking to purchase a mini truck/micro van to be used as a dinghy and towed four down behind an RV. I am thinking an ACTY van RWD 5spd manual, but I am not sure if it's transmission is splash lubricated by output shaft or input shaft. I am open to other mini trucks as well if they are known to work well towing four down. Thanks!

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I would look for something with a transfer case you can put in neutral, and a standard transmission you can also put in nuetral. That should keep most things in the transmission from turning, and what do turn should keep things lubed up..

If towing with all four on the ground you can do serious damage to the front end if you back up.

3. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

I would think these are so small, that a trailer might be a better solution, like towing along a side by side but instead its a tiny truck or van. Trailer have brakes and extra lights as well.

4. Swanbeach

Swanbeach New Member

If looking to tow a Suzuki "mini" I suggest getting one that is a four speed, insted of a 5 speed, as the transfer case in the 4 speed has a neutral in the transfer case. jmho