1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini truck for long route

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by thomasz, May 23, 2008.

1. thomasz

thomasz New Member

Which mini truck is best for long route?

2. max ofindiana

max ofindiana New Member

+not too sure what you mean by a long route? if your talking about a few hundred miles i can relate to that. as i bought my mini to drive on the road everyday, unlike most of the guys who just play in the dirt. nothing wrong with that, just not my thing. i drive around 150 miles every week and have taken some small trips of around 450 miles round trip. no problem i stop about 120 miles just to streach. im 5 11 tall and weigh 205 lbs so im not a lightweigh. seems like most minis would do the job i have an 1993 mitisbushi mmc although one og the mini vans might ride a little better just a guess as i havent driven one yet. i drive around 50 mph on the open road and get around 36 mpg local trips i get aroundd 37 to 40 mpg driving 40 to 45 mph. im not sure how fast it will go as im pretty easy on the motors. 9 also put 13 in. roms and tires on mine that helped the ride and change the gearing a little. hope this helps later max of indiana

3. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Personally, Supercharged Subaru is the highway maching of choice.

Independent rear suspension, rear mounted engine (Quiet), and enough power to maintain good speeds.

Not sitting right on the engine makes a big difference in the comfort level of not having to listen to the engine as much.

4. Colin

Colin Member

I wish I were only that height/weight. :rolleyes:

5. BUTCH

BUTCH New Member

Were Do You Get 13" Rims?

6. max ofindiana

max ofindiana New Member

i found mine at local salvage yard. they came from a 1988 dodge colt that was made by mitisbushi. there are others also look on some of the early threads. later max

7. max ofindiana

max ofindiana New Member

road trip

hey all just got back from another road trip. went to southern ind and back about 430 miles i went on a 2-lane road all the way drove around 50 and averaged 36 mpg. had a great time except im getting my seats redone, need a little more padding. only saw 1 other mini on the road. sure was nice to pull in to a station and get 4 or so gall at a time with gas prices here at the 4.20 mark every little bit helps. i like to stop every couple of hours and get out and streatch. it not a bad ride just a little choppy but for somethin that only weighs 1650lb not all that bad later max of ind.