1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mini truck alternator output? (planning stereo install)

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by kayakbrian, Nov 1, 2017.

1. kayakbrian

kayakbrian New Member

Hey everyone, I'm planning a moderately ridiculous stereo system for my 91 sambar van, and embarrassingly, I can't seem to find an amp output on it's alternator? Can anyone give me a ballpark or actual number so I can see how much juice I'm working with? Bonus points if you know how much the truck draws with headlights on while running? This is probably a non issue but I wanted to check before getting too far into things. Thanks!

2. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Looks like about 45a which is about normal for these 660's. Your looking at about 30a normally with the lights on. give or take. You also have cooling fans that will kick on and draw another 10A.. It does not really give you anything at all to work with.

3. kayakbrian

kayakbrian New Member

Hey Matt, you wouldn't happen to know what the alternator part # on that van is would you? I want to see if I can get a stronger one that will still fit.

4. matt167

matt167 Active Member

23700KA422 CARB or 23700KA710 Supercharged

5. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

Should be listed on the alt. sticker (if there). All three of mine (Mid/Early 90's) were 30A. Typical upgrades for the Suzuki was to swap for Wagon R alternators (60A).

6. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

highly doubt you would have an issue, my 97 has a aftermarket DVD screen and with that running, my phone charging, dashcam running, aftermarket gauges, LED light bar going and 2 halogen foglights i have 0 issues