1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miles Per Gallon?

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by SeattleActyVan, Dec 29, 2017.

1. SeattleActyVan

SeattleActyVan New Member

Hey Everyone,

I've had my Acty Street Van for about six months and have found that the gas mileage I'm getting doesn't match up with what other people are saying. Are they really getting 50+ mpg?

I tend to get about 280ish KM per tank, and with the tank being 8 gallons I'm getting around 35 KM per gallon, or 21/22 miles per gallon. One time last summer when I went camping (50 miles per hour speed limits, running high in the RPM band) I was getting 25 MPG - which I'd expect to be low because of the "highway" speed, but around town I seem to get about the same or worse.

What are other folks getting for MPG in their trucks/vans?

Thanks everyone.

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Daihatsu S110, scissors/Dump. Summer, I get around 23-25-mpg around town. But, I can’t get out of 3rd gear due to the speed limit.

Winter, with the plow mounted, and five hundred pound in the back to balance the weight of the plow: I get around 15-18-mpg. Lower when I lock it into low range to plow.

Off road, when I’m in 4-low it drops down to about 5-10-mph.

3. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Reading this post and thinking in conjunction with your other post, it would be assumed that you are flogging the little bugger pretty hard in order to try to run with traffic which is not conducive to good mileage. Personally, I don't track fuel mileage, just get some when the gauge shows low. I have also noticed over the years that some figures quoted by owners seems to be a bit of a stretch.

Fred

4. shogun

shogun Active Member

5. DWils

DWils Member

Could it be that vans and trucks have different fuel efficiency?

6. Keys

Keys New Member

Wow. I have a '91 Acty pickup that has gotten a low of 40 mph and a high of 53...depending on wind, how I drive and hills...

7. Lee17

Lee17 Member

My 90 acty van gets around 32mpg cruising around the streets

8. DWils

DWils Member

I finally filled up for the second time and was able to calculate my fuel consumption. I drove 308kms/191miles and filled up with 24.22L/6.4gal, which, according to my math (which could totally be wrong) means I got 12.71kpL/29.84mpg. Seems about right, considering about 129km/80miles or so were right around 100kph/62mph with RPMs possibly hovering in the 6000 range. Most of the time I had the windows cracked or down all the way without using the air conditioner. I only had a passenger for a negligible amount of time and distance without anything else in the van but a full-size spare tire.

9. DWils

DWils Member

Yup. Still getting about 28-30mpg when I fuel up.

10. Patrick Whittlesey

Patrick Whittlesey New Member

Just filled up my 1993 Honda Acty 4 speed. 28 mpg 330.7km (205.48 miles) 7.422 gallons ethanol free. Running 14" snow/mud tires.

Limestone likes this.
  11. jpaul70631

jpaul70631 Member

My 92 Acty Street G van gets 27-30 mpg. That's a combination of highway and city driving. I would like better but am enjoying the automatic.

Patrick Whittlesey likes this.
  12. SvenOfTheWoods

SvenOfTheWoods New Member

Just drove from Vancouver to Kelowna in my 2001 HA7. 450kms across the mountains (only one range to climb along the route I took) and averaged 7.3L/100km (32mpg). I was generally travelling 100+ km/h (occasionally hit 120) and was entirely highway driving. I can only imagine the conditions necessary to achieve 50mpg...

13. Patrick Whittlesey

Patrick Whittlesey New Member

Just filled up and calculated 29 mpg's all city driving. I think the 4 speed is limiting my mpg's.

14. Jigs-n-fixtures

I typically get around 23 to 26-mpg putting around town. It might get higher if I could run it on the highway, and actually use 4th and 5th gears.

15. Jaredk253

Jaredk253 New Member

I’m sure those who claim 50 mpg are the same as those who claim their truck has 30k original km.

I averaged 27 mpg city/hwy combined.

16. CVP33

CVP33 Active Member

1) I have 17.4K real miles (lol) Interior sure looked like it when I bought it.
    2) I have a 5 speed
    3) I’ve hit 37mpg w/o the A/C on[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

I get around 40+ km per gallon or about 28 mpg cruising around in mixed traffic. Mostly 45 mph + roads doing about 50 mph.

18. Jigs-n-fixtures

Around town where I can’t get out of third gear, I get around 25mpg, unless I have the plow mounted and 480-lbs of ballast in the bed, then it drops to about 17 or 18-mpg. If I lock into low range, and push snow for a few hours, it drops down to around 13 0r 14-mpg. Low range in first, second and reverse doesn’t do well for mileage.

19. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

I get infinite smiles per gallon or smg's LOL

SteveBW likes this.
  20. Arty

Arty Active Member

I like the "SMG's" too!

21. trktrd

trktrd Active Member

My 91 Acty 5 speed gets between 35-50 mpg. But my Sambar van is in the 20’s at best. I do keep the Acty in 2wd most of the time.