1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MightyMilt Spotting

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Spottings' started by glenn, Jul 24, 2008.

1. glenn

glenn Member

Yup...it's true mightymilt has crossed the border and come for a visit to Niagara Falls and Toronto....guess he just had to try some of our "ICE WINE" to cool off from the heat in Arizona:rolleyes:....great meeting you and your other half buddy!......since you had the chance to see our little "slumpy" in action ...care to fill us in on all you observations regarding peoples 'xpress-yohns:sly: when they see us drive around?

glenn:D

2. Colin

Colin Member

What the... :sly:

3. zbadboy

zbadboy Member

I can vouch for it. Only because I got a PM from Milt saying he was on vacation in Canada.

Jeff

4. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

It's true! I had to make a run for it, the heat was affecting my rational thought process!

It's gorgeous up here! And the day time highs are not even as warm as Arizona over nite lows! Still have a couple more days up here to enjoy.

I've been driving my mini for a while in Arizona and always get looks, stares and questions. It was funny to see it happening to someone else! And I know the trucks are small but I'm the one driving mine all the time, and to follow behind and see one actually being driven, holy crap these things look out of place on the hiway! Glenn got questions at every stop light we hit and had plenty of opportunity to pass out business cards!

And a big thanks again to Glenn for his hospitality and fantastic tour guide skills around Toronto!

5. glenn

glenn Member

just one more question buddy.....jen and I have grown up around here and have seen the falls many times.....for a first time person such as yourself.....give me one word to discribe your feelings when you first looked at the falls?

glenn

6. Mighty Milt

just one?? REALLY??!!

OVERWHELMING
    ENORMOUS
    GORGEOUS
    FANTASTIC
    WET!!

i guess you only want one, but i'm having trouble containing it... it was like going to teh grand canyon... something one word really can't describe... honestly.

7. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

How 'bout some pics, guys?

8. Colin

Colin Member

Milt - when I went to the Grand Canyon, I summarized it with exactly one word: boring. It's a big hole in the ground... didn't do anything for me.

Bah humbug.

9. Mighty Milt

well, i didn't dedicate an entire day to "ooohing" and "awe-ing" around the giant hole in the ground they call the grand canyon. we actually only spent about 2 hours at the canyon, and probably had just as much fun on the train ride to and fro. yeah, did i mention it was my honeymoon? i don't think anything could have been bad that weekend

but being well traveled i was certainly able to appreciate it's splendor, the same goes for the falls. it was something awesome to see in person and to ride around in the "maid of the mist" and sit in the waters was certainly an experience. something that i recommend if you have the opportunity. but not the only draw to that part of the country, my wife (jen) is from there and i got to see where she grew up, and just tatke some time out from the rat race and do some vacationing.

i have seen a lot of things in my travels that aren't much to look at, but just the fact that i have been there is really cool. seeing what generations before have gasped at as THE MOST wonderful thing, makes me happy to see it. the white cliffs of dover, the "great wall" in turkey (second to the great wall in china), the fertile crescent... the list goes on... just things to look at and think of what others have seen before you...

blah blah blah... here's the pix

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  10. Mighty Milt

some of these are from in the water on the maid of the mist, some from the observation deck at the falls, and others from the Skylon tower... and one of my ugly mug since it was title Mighty Milt spotting.. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  11. Mighty Milt

and i have to show off glenn's truck a little bit...

the stickers say it best... no job too small... he's got a fantastic rack on the side for holding the glass he installs, and he was climbing all over it and it didn't budge!! it makes for an awesome work truck and a great way to drum up more biz!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

Hey Milt,
    Really liked you pictures of the "falls". Kind of reminded me of "Iowa" this past month. Just starting to get back to some form of normality, though, some places will never come back........................
    Tmikewww

13. glenn

glenn Member

Okay...great shots....see the little falls to the right of the American Falls?...it's called the bridal Vail Falls.....see the island to the left of the horseshoe falls?...it's called goat island...cause a farmer owned it over a hundred years ago and had goats running around on it.....

thanks for the shots of slumpy......on the door it sez...."think BIG".....we do have fun with the little guy eh?

btw....cool shades...also cool when you roll you lip down eh?

glenn:D

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  14. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

LOL:
    [​IMG]

Don't Push! I'm Pedaling as fast as i can!! in the rear window.

15. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

In the first pic, it looks like one of the the Billy Goats escaped from Goat Island!!! LOL!

Thanks for the great pics! Makes the thread much more interesting!

Congrats on tying the knot!!!

16. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

Speaking of falls........we just delivered some trucks up to Seattle and did some side trips on the way back (Oregon Dunes, Crater Lake, etc.). One of the places that we drove through is called Klamath Falls, Or. There is a river and a lake so we wanted to go look at the "falls". Finally asked someone where they are---- THERE ARE NO FALLS!!!! The locals were embarassed to tell us that!

sorry for the hijack---just a funny 'falls' story.

Plus, if you say "sorry for the hijack", it makes it OK. !!!

:):):)

17. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

Great pictures Milt. I really want to go and check it out now. I've never been up to the great Canada.

18. glenn

glenn Member

Mini,....NOW NOW, be nice...or Milt will have to roll his lip down for you!:p

Stuff,......us easterners still have sense of humour eh?........you should see the looks we get when I climb out....I'm 6'6" tall!!!!:rolleyes:

glenn

19. Mighty Milt

i can only preface this with the fact that slow days at the tattoo shop were BORING!! so... we would work on each other... this is probably the funniest tattoo that i have and speaks volumes... :D

hope i don't offend anyone...

READ MY LIPS!!

Attached Files:

20. Colin

Colin Member

Awesome. :D

21. zbadboy

zbadboy Member

Put your money where your mouth is..............Priceless!

22. Mighty Milt

i put my money where my ear is... i got a dollar sign tattooed behind my ear when i was in vegas... :D

23. zbadboy

zbadboy Member

I don't even want to think about what you have below the belt.:eek:

24. Mighty Milt

Milt's wife here...

as for below the belt, you can hear it coming from across the room. silly boys and their piercings... who knew you could put so many in one location. he even had issues with a metal detector at the airport.
    BEEP BEEP
    "yes sir, nipple piercings"
    BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
    "genital piercings"

it was practically a symphony with all that beeping.

now stop asking about his junk, he's taken! :D

~jen~

25. zbadboy

zbadboy Member

She just put an all new meaning to High Jacking a Thread:)

26. Mighty Milt

i was laughing so hard the missus asked what was so funny.. i showed her the thread and told her to reply for me.. lol

27. Samurai9

Samurai9 Member

Hey, Milt,

How long were you in prison?

Just kidding, please don't hunt me down.

Sam

28. Mighty Milt

i was never in prison, but i did spend a couple weeks in city jail for neglected driving violations... i liked to go fast and didn't like to pay for tickes,, oops! i was 19, young, dumb and full of stupid. i learned my lessson real quick and haven't been back since.

although, i was detained for international terrorism while in turkey once.. but that's a whole nother story :D

i have always liked tattoos and eventually ended up owning a couple shops when i lived in germany...

don't worry my days of hunting people down ended with my honorable discharge from the army...

29. topherztoyz

topherztoyz Member

Hey Milt... I took a ride down to Gila bend today to see my dad.. Arg.. great time of year to visit huh? Rode my bike.. not truck.. if I had your # I would have called and stopped by on the way back on the I-10.
    Chris..

30. Mighty Milt

thought you had it already... 623 326 6826 (or MAD DAMN TAN) just in case you don't have speed dial....

forgive me for being so bored i make up names for phone numbers... jsut easier for me to remember.... lol