1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metal Shavings in the Oil

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by MStraate, Dec 6, 2020.

1. MStraate

MStraate New Member

Recently purchased a 1998 Suzuki Carry (F6A Motor 50,000km) which I just changed the oil this AM. Previous owner had it for two years and only changed oil right away when purchased. He only used the machine for ice fishing so not many miles were put on.

one note is machine drives and runs great.. no knocking

After draining oil I noticed there were small shavings (gold in color) in the bottom of oil pan. I also cut open the filter to see if there was anything stuck in there but no signs.

Anyone has thoughts on this? Originally my mind went directly to a rod bearing.. but after doing some reading and noticing there is no signs of shavings in filter there is a possibility it could be from clutch?

Anyone seen this before and diagnosed the issue?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

My guess is that the previous owner added some type of a motor medic to the oil. Normal bearing metal is a light grayish metallic. I can’t think of anything that color which is the result of normal engine wear.

3. MStraate

MStraate New Member

Another thing that makes me think it’s bearing material is it’s not magnetic..