1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Member suggestion

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BLES, Dec 8, 2007.

1. BLES

BLES Member

Just a suggestion that I thought you all might consider:

Another forum I frequent has a friendly request that all members post their location; approximately, like state, province or general part of the country. It's amazing how helpful it is when reading posts to understand the content. Right now, many of us wouldn't understand a member's concern with A/C or mud tires, and others would never have considered plowing snow! It also helps when sourcing dealers/parts, etc. because you know at a glance where they are. The different regulations between Canada and the US also automatically determine the answers to some questions asked.

Just some food for thought. If you'd like to add a location, just go to "User CP" at the top/left and make changes.

Have a great day!
    BLES

2. BUTCH

BUTCH New Member

Good idea I would likr to find local dealers and parts

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Yep. Good reminder. Thanks!

4. Colin

Colin Member

Oh man, you should see the gun forums - those guys are paranoid. No names and no locations in anybody's profiles. :D

5. BLES

BLES Member

Yeah, I realize the implications of stating details but I don't think state or area is too much, especially if no name is attached.? Anyway, just a suggestion, not a command.

BLES

6. Acerguy

Personally, I feel that having your real, live, first name in addition to your "handle" helps keep the tone of the forum more mature. No annonymous persona to hide behind. But I certainly understand folks not wanting to do that.

7. Colin

Colin Member

I agree, Keith. :D

8. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

I like the idea. I hope my signature works!

9. slimbad

slimbad Member

In ref to the above posts w/o quoting them all, I agree 100%. I was in the process of posting to a thread ystdy but the cpu gods ate it.....went back to revisit the thread and saw that the Santa Ana winds had kicked up.

Since it was too hot over there and this is really still on the topic i was going to address- i'll post here.

This is such a young forum but it sure has and is taking off in a big way. Right now most of us are fairly new to these keitrucks and most of the posts are of the "what is this?", "where is?", "how do I..", etc. And i truly understand. There have been times i've been reluctant to post a question because i figured i was the only one in the dark on the problem. There are no stupid questions concerning keitrucks. Consider this: we are dealing with a non-US/CA made unique vehicles, the majority of the info/manuals (when available) are in Japanese, and we are wading through some very murky legal waters concerning the registration/use of these vehicles.

Without stirring the Santa Anas, i'm trying to address the legal process of on-road registration (for our CA members) as well as off-road registration (US members). It seems that their are differing provincial rules in CA, as well as state-state US rules.

We have many times the number of visitors vs members who read this forum. As Bles stated it can be confusing just because of the geographic origin of the post. For instance: a viewer/prospective new member reads a post ref'ing x-miles daily driving or x-mph on the road. If they don't realize this is a CA member post and they live in the states they may purchase a keitruck with the expectations of legal use on US roads. This is prob not the best example but hopefully you get my drift. I would like to add that i know most/if not all of the dealers are very up front and legally/professionally advertise "For off-road use only".

This leads me up to the jest of my post. It sure would be helpful if we had a thread similar to the dealer listings/references that dealt with the US/CA rules/guidelines for use. Info like:

1. state-a requires an actual ATV-type registration, where as state-b might not.

2. public/national forest use yea/ney?

3. does a state consider them an ATV, UTV, lo-spd vehicle, or golf cart for legal definition.

I will add some info to the pot, in Florida, according to my conversation with Calhoun Co. Sheriff's Dept, local DMV as well as the FHP in Tallahasee, ATV-type rules apply. This makes them legal on all non-paved (dirt) roads with a 35mph or less spd limit. All dirt roads not posted are classified as 35mph roads. A person must be at least 16yrs old and have a valid drivers license to operate on said roads. Also a person can legally CROSS a paved road if they are riding on and crossing over to a 35mph nonpaved road.

I hope this helps and is received the way it was intended - to help/support fellow members/viewers.

P.S. about this "snow" issue: NW Florida 80 deg ystdy, 80 tdy and 82 tmrw. I'm looking for a "sand-plow".

Later fella's(gals?)..........slim (Kim Hall-MALE)

10. Acerguy

Thanks, Kim. Some good comments. I can see what Kevin thinks. :)