1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mechanical dump linkage?

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by melanson45, Apr 17, 2022.

1. melanson45

melanson45 New Member

FD69BA43-5E97-4720-9070-A3783A4A18CA.jpeg 37D5A12E-0810-4749-BD69-E514F7495B2C.jpeg 3E7B9E71-A5A7-4C8E-8A62-CA84764258A5.jpeg Can anyone provide a picture of the correct stock mechanical linkage for engaging a factory dump bed? Mine looks to have been a bit hacked up in a previous life and doesn’t seem to fully open the release valve to lower the bed. It drops but super slow unless I reach in and manually push the linkage forward, which sooner or later I’ll get hurt doing.
    And despite the rusty appearance, I have already cleaned and lubricated the pivot points. All the joints move freely and shifting to the lift position does fully engage the lift, shifting to lower it does not fully disengage. I’m thinking it’s missing a spring, but wanted to verify that the linkage is correct first. Doesn’t seem to be any adjustment points either.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
  2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I just checked and I only have the manual for the pick tipper set up, and not the dump bed.

I found mine online, in a British forum for the Camper Versions. And the Piaggio Porter might have the same bed, and you might find a manual online for it.

3. melanson45

melanson45 New Member

thanks, I’ll try that