1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mazda to Suzuki Differences

Discussion in 'Mazda Scrum' started by Kei King, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Kei King

Kei King Member

Starting a List of differences between the Mazda Scrum and the Suzuki Carry.

For the 1992 to 1998 trucks:

4WD Chassis Codes: Suzuki DD51T = Mazda DK51T

2WD Chassis Codes: Suzuki DC51T = Mazda DJ51T

Mazda has a small square front emblem on nose rather than the large "Suzuki" lettered logo.

Decals on the rear tailgate are different.

Different Logo on the key

Different Logo on the steering wheel horn button

Estimated production between 50 to 100 Suzuki trucks produced for 1 Mazda truck

2. hntdad

hntdad New Member

My 4wd 90 model has a chassis code of DH51T. I think that equates to a Suzuki DB51T but I'm not sure.

3. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Getting to later models now. My vehicle is a van. First registered and run in Japan as a 2002 Mazda Scrum, now registered as a 2014 Suzuki CarryVan in the Philippines. Ser. No. is DG62V370228. Search using that number, nothing is found. using DA62V370228, my vehicle appears with all correct stats & options, even the correct paint color it originally came with.

Fred

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  4. MaxJonosity

MaxJonosity New Member

I found that the interior door handles are different from the Suzuki DD51t to Mazda DK51t. The Mazda has a sharper angle corner. While the Suzuki has a rounder corner, and is the same part as a ~1999-2004 Chevy Tracker.

Attached Files: