1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mazda Titan Warning Buzzer

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Schick, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Schick

Schick Member

The warning buzzer on my Mazda Titan is driving me nuts. Every once in a while, when sitting at a red light, this annoying buzzer comes on. It stops only after I raise the rpms.

Now it is worse. When I turn the ignition to on, before I even turn the engine over, the buzzer will sometimes come on. If I turn the ignition off (engine never was started) , remove and reinsert the key and try again, it will buzz again. With the ignition on, it will not stop buzzing until I actually crank the engine over and then rev it up a fair bit.

Very strange isn't it?

By the way, there is not warning lamp or dash indicator while the buzzer is on.

Any ideas folks?

2. Meesho

Meesho Member

Call the dealer you bought it from?

3. Schick

Schick Member

They're great guys, but frankly have no idea what the warning sound is. There was also some discussion about the possibility of disabling the buzzer without actually finding its root cause.

I don't know enough about engines to formulate a theory on thi sdamn buzzer. It just seem puzzling that the engine doesn't even have to be running to cause the alarm to go off.

????

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009