1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe don't park facing uphill for a week with your HiJet...

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Acerguy, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

So a week or so ago I drove the truck up on some ramps in the garage to put on my snow plow mount. Everything went fine. I dusted myself off and smugly walked back into the house figuring "eh...I'll drive it off the ramps tomorrow. I need a beer". Well, today I finally had some other chores to do so I went to drive it off the ramps. For the first time ever in the 3 years I've owned it, it wouldn't start. I figured it wasn't getting any gas as it had sat with the gas tank well below the engine for over a week. I pushed it off the ramps. Let it sit on the level for just about 30 seconds so. Turn the key to crank the fuel pump on and it started right up. Phew! But it did make me think about what if you lived in a place where you had to park it on a hill. Better face DOWN hill! :p Is my fuel pump getting weak? I've had ZERO driveability issues and I do drive up and down some decent slopes.

2. That's totally normal, when we unload them off the container there's a lot of times the trucks won't start until we push them out of the container and let them sit flat for a little bit and BOOM, there they go. For those that don't know the trucks are stacked in the back of each other facing up for their entire trip which, but what you described is absolutely normal

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

LOL. Thanks for the reply. I was actually kind of surprized just how quickly it fired up once I got it level!

4. DYNOBOB

DYNOBOB Member

Good to know...