1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May have screwed up bad!

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by barber2678, Jan 2, 2011.

1. barber2678

barber2678 New Member

So I thought I was putting Seafoam in the brake booster vacuum line of my '92 Carry and the engine just stops. When I try to turn it over it won't do anything. Looks like I sucked the stuff directly into the intake! This thing is stuck like Chuck. Pulled the plugs but still nothing. Have I messed up bad??? I need help here!

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

sucking it into the brake booster will inject it directly into the intake. Is the engine seized?

3. barber2678

barber2678 New Member

Hope not but I think so. When it happened I pulled the plugs, then turned the crank backwards by hand and turned it over. Now it won't move.

This is not my day.

4. greg0187

Oh! That doesn't sound good at all. How much did it suck in? Never used sea foam myself but I've never been too keen on dumping fluids directly into the engine like the instructions state. It if possible that it the a rod our something that caused the engine to seize. Maybe let it sit for a while?? I'm not really sure... Maybe someone else has experience with that. Sorry I know how u must feel.

5. kioti2008

kioti2008 Member

sounds like u bent a connecting rod dont never inject fluid directly in a engine let us no what u find out hope its not what i think

6. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Must have something else going on. Ive been using sea foam for a couple of years. I hook it to the fuel line and let it go right into carb. / engine till it it stops running sometimes, let it sit for 30 min. and crank it back up. Ive done this countless of times on just about every mini truck made old and newer models.
    Several times Ive done the brake booster deal, never had a problem.
    Drain the oil and see if any metal comes out.
    Did it just lock up while running? Pull the oil pan and look at crank.

7. greg0187

My best advice that I can give that others have already contributed is to verify where the sea foam actually went by tracing that vacuum line back to the engine. Might give an indication where your problem could be. It doesn't sound good whatever it may be. Best of luck.

8. starpuss

starpuss Member

why where you puting it in your motor? was it knocking?

9. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

If you hydro locked it,it would turn once the plugs were out,....possible if you were revving it real good when it went ,it made the timing belt skip a few teeth when the piston came to a stop and hit a valve,but that wouldn't stop it from turning either.....broken piston ring maybe?...or possibly an overfilled crankcase..should still turn over though....I would remove the oilpan and take a good look at the bottom end(fastest and simplest 1st step I would think)....sorry not much help..just a list of possibilities,fingers crossed for ya:(

10. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

No doubt... the instructions on the Sea Foam bottle say to dump it into the carb until it kills the engine. Sea Foam isn't water so it can't hydrolock your engine.

11. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

His F6A is not an interference engine. So if he skipped timing belt it ill not have hurt valves.

However a valve may have dropped. That is another problem all together!

12. Best is just stop, pull off the head and clean it up. There have been worse mistakes in this world...lol. I doubt its hurt anything that bad. These engines are tough.
    Cheers,
    Don

13. barber2678

barber2678 New Member

Talked to my mechanic about. He thinks it is a bent connecting rod. I will get it in the shop in the next week and see for sure. Where is the best place to find parts for the FA6?

14. Nautydog1

Nautydog1 Member

I know what’s wrong with it!!! It’s got no gas in it!!!’