1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mattruck coming to US

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Spottings' started by dwink, Feb 4, 2008.

1. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

The Chinese are our friends? Did you get a little excited and type one thing and mean something else? Or, did I miss-read something?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  2. 1Poet

1Poet New Member

No, I wrote what "Matt", the American who is dealing with the Chinese, is telling us to believe when he promotes his line of Chinese trucks. That's why the words were in quotes. Call it like it is, Mattrucks success will help the Chinese Communists in there stated goal to dominate the US.
    No, I am not a radical, just a conservative American who studies history and watches what is going on in the world. Matt is either very naive or is one of those "useful idiots" as the Communists refer to in their manifesto.
    I will tell everyone I know NOT to buy a Mattruck due to two factors: 1) they are priced too high for what they are and 2) They are manufactured in a country that is an avowed enemy of the United States.
    Those on this site that defend Mattrucks should buy just go ahead and "drink the coolaid" and leave this forum. Most on this forum would never consider a piece of junk from China when we know the quality of the little Japanese trucks. Goodbye TRi State Minitrucks. Start your own forum. Call it Mattruck Mini Truck Forum, then see the hordes that join.

3. De-icer

De-icer Member

This truck isn't anything new, it's a chinese Tatanka truck that anyone can import. It was funny, as I read through the faq's on the mattruck site one question was where is your truck made and it simply stated "In our factory to our exact specifications" It didn't say where that factory was (china) and now that question is no longer an faq. LOL

4. hamradio

hamradio Member

Yes, they are overpriced. What I like is, they'll get bought, they'll get trashed, and will be broken. In 5-10 years from now, if they're popular, there'll be quite a few floating around with dead engines, transmissions, etc, for cheap, to swap engines into. :D

And no, china is not going to take over america by selling knockoff minitrucks.

5. De-icer

De-icer Member

Am I wrong, it's just a Tatanka truck isn't it?

6. ATVtruck.com

ATVtruck.com New Member

If it was me I would specify 4wd.

7. Please tell me these trucks are not "LEAD BASED"!

8. Micah502EFI

Micah502EFI New Member

MATTruck new website

Hey,

MATTruck has a new website.
    From what I see in the specs, they have a bigger cab and don't seem to be anything like the Tatanka.
    They only come in 4x4

9. 1Poet

1Poet New Member

Just more hype

The Mattruck site is a little lame. The videos are not up, (they were before), and there isn't all that much info, except we now know they are full time 4x4. If you remember the toy recalls due to lead, the pet food poisonings and the a-bomb, then you will LOVE the Mattruck! I think Matt might want to ask the Chinese to bring there "state of the art" manufacturing over here and support some Americans instead of oppressing there own people. Oh, excuse the non-pc comments. I must have forgotten that this is a free country.:frustration::eek:

10. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

The Matt truck looks alot like a Tiger truck. Check out http://www.tigertruck.com.

But, I have to agree the Chinese built trucks will not be dependable. I work in the automation industry and it is a well known fact that the Chinese lack the quality of both US and Japanese built products. We have customers that include in there equipment specifications "no Chinese materials or components". It is because China is years behind in materials engineering. They have very limited knowledge of metallurgy and produce inferior steel based products. They may eventually catch up with modern engineering practices, but they have a long way to go!

11. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Just got back from Mexico. I saw plenty of these Hyundai's. They look similar in size to the Tiger Truck.

-Greg

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Micah502EFI

Micah502EFI New Member

Wow! All this Negativity......
    You wouldn't know a good thing if you saw it cause you will Immediately Slam it in to some Stereotypical catagory! "Chinese"
    I do my homework before making a decision about a new product......Some of you fly off the handle,jump to conclusions, and just assume! My wife does that Too

13. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

Micah,

My comments above concerning equipment manufactured in China is not based assumptions or stereotyping. My "Negativity" is based on current, actual experiences with Chinese equipment. Their engineering, manufacturing and quality control practices are FAR behind those of the US and Japan.

All I am suggesting is that you use caution until you have experience with Chinese equipment and have done some long term testing.

14. gbrecke

gbrecke New Member

Micah,

10 or more years experience here, I have studied Japanese QC for 40 years, Chinese and Indian QC for at least 10 years. regardless of price, I'll take the Japanese made stuff even with lots of miles on them over new Chinese or Indian, they'll catch up.. but it's a ways off. With their QC practices; you can get a decent one, or a really bad one.. you just never know..

Passing that bad one onto your customer, let me tell you, there's no reward there.

15. Well if these trucks are manufactured similar to their Farm TRACTORs...Run for the hills...:D

My buddy bought a Chinese special against everyone's advice and the best story I can tell here, is that when he changed the oil, we found chinese newspaper in the filter container...:D

16. jimhammer1

jimhammer1 Member

I purchased a chinese tractor four years ago. It arrived in crates and required putting it together. I joined the chinese tractor owners association forum (CTOA). I changed all fluids, battery, and filters before I started it. It has run strong ever since with a lot of use. 28 hp, 4x4 diesel, FEL, brush hog, PTO chiper, auger, gannon, ROP, sun shade and wheel weights. Total cost delivered less than $12,000.00. Here in San Diego County a Japanese tractor with just FEL was $22,500.00. The Chinese filters, fluids and batteries are not as good as American, but that was easily overcome. Their wiring harness and gauges can be changed if you want an accurate reading. It was a good buy for the price.

17. gbrecke

gbrecke New Member

Lack of QC, or poor QC practices does not mean they're all bad, it means they're not all good. Example: Bearings are a problem in China right now. I'm starting to see Japanese bearings used in product assemblies out of China, the failure rates of Chinese bearings were too high for some Chinese companies to bear. China makes a lot of really good bearings, with a few bad ones thrown in, that's the problem, you don't know which ones you are getting. Replaciing the bearing is little problem, paying to have it replaced, now that becomes a logistical nightmare for a dealer. Some address this problem by passing on the factory warranty, just return the item to QZ, China and we'll take a look at it, they might say..

I know of one Chinese tractor engine used in a generator set that has a repported 30,000 hours on it, no bad!

18. Yeah, but there are thousands of Onans chugging along without a second thought about their reliability...:rolleyes:

19. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

This thread is a little old but I have an update.

MattTruck is now the Sarge Truck. :eek:

Cheeers
    -Greg

20. Delorean

Delorean New Member

Still like the sambars and what not better.

21. hootmaan

hootmaan New Member

poet1 msg

Hope u know now since ur 2008 post the nwo has been eating ur lunch since 1913 & have no loyalty to any country except wish asia to increase while usa has now become 3rd world sinking into the abise goto info wars.com or maxKeiser.com a little more plaliable to be schooled on what,s really happening..even FOX is.a joke to keep u busy while they enslave b4 population control kicks in from the bildergburg group imf cfr un..china is for china as every country is for self but usa is not run for citzen slaves. but for military complex so banksters can make money on both side of each war..research it they start the war..they just blame something that happening twisting to their gain to get the sheepal opion invoove via the media they jave owns for many yrs..just thoght u should be aware best thing is get to know God b4 u die..nothing else matters ..eternity a long time make sure u pick the right adress..if u doubt God existance google chuck missler ,he was ceo of 4 or 5 co's that did top secret pentegon projects he is a scientist ..he covers the science not revealed in education system but what is actuaoly found in the field he has connections all over the world..if u seek truth ck it out ..if not avoid it at ur own peril ..financial catastrify is upon thee world..time is short..if I'm wrong u have lost nothing but if right u have heaven to gain ..by the way I moved tp asia from us

22. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

my tinfoil hat is at the cleaners..can someone interpret that for me?:confused: