1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mattruck coming to US

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Spottings' started by dwink, Feb 4, 2008.

1. slimbad

slimbad Member

American?

1. The "American" company Cushman was bought and owned by a British company (Ransomes Jacobson LTD) during the 1980's thru 1998. It was acquired by an amercan Congl. Textron (98-present). All throughout the Cushman was and is powered by Suzuki engines. Cushman's White truck and Vans are currently powered by a 660cc EFI Suzuki motor.

2. Toro Workman series utility vehicle use the Mitsubishi 3G83 660cc engine. There earlier larger engine (950cc Briggs and Stratton Daihatsu LLC engine).

3. GM has turned its Powertrain Division over to Isuzu (which GM now owns 49% shares) for development of GM's diesel engines and driveline components.

4. It started "in the early 1970s when the Mazda pick up truck was imported to the North American market by Ford and called the Courier. From 1972 to 1983, the Courier was part of the Ford line up, but in reality it was a Mazda.

From 1984 on, Ford decided to build its own small pickup truck and the Ranger was born. Mazda, meanwhile, redesigned their truck and sold it separately until 2002. When time came for a new Mazda truck, Mazda tapped Ford and the current Ranger was rebadged as the Mazda “B” series.

From 1991 to 2001 Ford's Explorer was rebadged and sold as the Mazda Navajo. Only a two door version was available and the line was eventually dropped as Mazda concentrated on their own SUV, namely the Tribute."

5. And finally what is this coming out of Orlando, Fl?

http://www.realpages.com/sites/customcarriages/page4.html

Sorry so longwinded, but throughout you don't see much American/Chinese product mergers. Might be a quality issue. Anyway, later......slim

2. I posted a cushman question a few days ago, i don't think they make the little mini truck anymore, does anyone have any info on this?

3. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

I was on the Daihatsu web site awile back and base price new was $10,500.00 US.

4. dayspowersports

dayspowersports New Member

Chinese copy of a Japanese truck

i would bet this is a Chinese copy of a Japanese truck. i have looked at some of the tiger trucks. its hard to beat a japanese product. we sell the chinese atvs and they are not the japanese quality. just my 2 cents worth.
    ________
    California Medical Marijuana Dispensary

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  5. Micah502EFI

Micah502EFI New Member

New MATTruck Website

MATTruck has revamped their website.
    Under Products, look at 2009 model.
    Lots of pics and video.
    They seem to still be working on this new site.

6. They have been and continue to work on their website. When the whole Matt truck thing was posted here on the forum they really weren't ready to "go public" per say. But it happened and the website wasn't ready.

7. Tatanka trucks/Mattruck

Mattruck looks like a Tatanka truck which are made by the Chinese. Might have some little changes done to it.

The Mattruck is a great looking truck and we hope it will hold up and perform like the kei trucks. We cant wait to get our hands on one to see how our customers react.

Torrey

8. De-icer

De-icer Member

It's neat looking but I still don't think it's going to sway folks away from Kei trucks. For 12K I better be able to drive it on the road in all 50 states and it's chinese.

9. People spend way over $12,000 for UTV's already and they aren't even close to being able to drive them on the road. The market is there. I think people will be lined up to buy them. With the number of dealers signed up already it seems like a large number of people believe they will sell also.

10. 1Poet

1Poet New Member

With so many things being made in China, you would hope that quality would improve. However, If the Matttruck does well for any period of time, the day will come when it is ultimately compared to a Japanese Kei truck. If Matt thinks these trucks will outlast a Kei, I believe he also thinks the tooth fairy has been to see him. Only time will tell, but my hard-earned money is on the Japanese. No One, NO ONE, makes a higher quality vehicle than the Japanese. Look at Toyota in the marketplace. Where are the Chinese? The kei class trucks are better after ten or fifteen years than the Mattruck is new. As I said though, time will tell. Let's see what a ten year old Mattruck is like. BTW, kinda funny that these $12,000.00 trucks are copies of the Kei. The only thing original is they have a "Jumbo cab" standard. I won't try and be PC like some have on this forum. Anybody fool enough to invest in a Chinese truck like this should realize they are ultimately financing those folks who are out to destroy us. "Come on and invest in our trucks. The Chinese won't hurt us. They are our friends, and I am an American." I don't wish you the best. At least the Japanese are not actively building missils that are to be targeted at the US mainland.

11. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

The Chinese are our friends? Did you get a little excited and type one thing and mean something else? Or, did I miss-read something?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  12. 1Poet

1Poet New Member

No, I wrote what "Matt", the American who is dealing with the Chinese, is telling us to believe when he promotes his line of Chinese trucks. That's why the words were in quotes. Call it like it is, Mattrucks success will help the Chinese Communists in there stated goal to dominate the US.
    No, I am not a radical, just a conservative American who studies history and watches what is going on in the world. Matt is either very naive or is one of those "useful idiots" as the Communists refer to in their manifesto.
    I will tell everyone I know NOT to buy a Mattruck due to two factors: 1) they are priced too high for what they are and 2) They are manufactured in a country that is an avowed enemy of the United States.
    Those on this site that defend Mattrucks should buy just go ahead and "drink the coolaid" and leave this forum. Most on this forum would never consider a piece of junk from China when we know the quality of the little Japanese trucks. Goodbye TRi State Minitrucks. Start your own forum. Call it Mattruck Mini Truck Forum, then see the hordes that join.

13. De-icer

De-icer Member

This truck isn't anything new, it's a chinese Tatanka truck that anyone can import. It was funny, as I read through the faq's on the mattruck site one question was where is your truck made and it simply stated "In our factory to our exact specifications" It didn't say where that factory was (china) and now that question is no longer an faq. LOL

14. hamradio

hamradio Member

Yes, they are overpriced. What I like is, they'll get bought, they'll get trashed, and will be broken. In 5-10 years from now, if they're popular, there'll be quite a few floating around with dead engines, transmissions, etc, for cheap, to swap engines into. :D

And no, china is not going to take over america by selling knockoff minitrucks.

15. De-icer

De-icer Member

Am I wrong, it's just a Tatanka truck isn't it?

16. ATVtruck.com

ATVtruck.com New Member

If it was me I would specify 4wd.

17. Please tell me these trucks are not "LEAD BASED"!

18. Micah502EFI

Micah502EFI New Member

MATTruck new website

Hey,

MATTruck has a new website.
    From what I see in the specs, they have a bigger cab and don't seem to be anything like the Tatanka.
    They only come in 4x4

19. 1Poet

1Poet New Member

Just more hype

The Mattruck site is a little lame. The videos are not up, (they were before), and there isn't all that much info, except we now know they are full time 4x4. If you remember the toy recalls due to lead, the pet food poisonings and the a-bomb, then you will LOVE the Mattruck! I think Matt might want to ask the Chinese to bring there "state of the art" manufacturing over here and support some Americans instead of oppressing there own people. Oh, excuse the non-pc comments. I must have forgotten that this is a free country.:frustration::eek:

20. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

The Matt truck looks alot like a Tiger truck. Check out http://www.tigertruck.com.

But, I have to agree the Chinese built trucks will not be dependable. I work in the automation industry and it is a well known fact that the Chinese lack the quality of both US and Japanese built products. We have customers that include in there equipment specifications "no Chinese materials or components". It is because China is years behind in materials engineering. They have very limited knowledge of metallurgy and produce inferior steel based products. They may eventually catch up with modern engineering practices, but they have a long way to go!