1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mattruck coming to US

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Spottings' started by dwink, Feb 4, 2008.

1. dwink

dwink Member

My dad saw these trucks in Las Vegas yesterday at the SHOT show and told me to check em out. I think they are made in China and retail around $12,000. Don't qoute me because I am going off of what I was told. The website has a limited amount of info and is www.mattruck.com.

2. gbrad

gbrad Member

Two wheel drive.

However, this proves that there is a great deal of interest in this market.

gbrad

3. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

It looks like its collapsing under its own weight. That is the sign of quality, let me tell ya. :D

4. ValleyMiniTrucks

ValleyMiniTrucks New Member

Mattruck

I was shown this truck today in St George,Utah By the sales rep. For more info, he shared the log-in and password. Which is Dealer-Promo. Enjoy!

5. greg0187

Good Info. Although, I would never abandon the quality of a used Japanese veihicle for a new chinese one. Anyone who does is making a big mistake. Thats just my opinion.

-Greg

6. ValleyMiniTrucks

Mattruck

greg0187, I would also share that opinion,well stated!

7. greg0187

Here's the way I see it. Take it for what its worth. If and when mini-trucks become popular enough. You will have two choices, Just like you have now with ATV's, #1 Go to the dealer (Daihatsu, Mits, Zuk, Honda..etc..) or #2 buty a chinese one from Tractor Supply Company or Wal-Mart.

-Greg

8. scesnick

scesnick Member

One of the big selling points of the Japanese minis ( atleast to me ) is the price. Now, If a would have to pay $12,000 for one, it better be street legal.
    The MATT truck is not.
    I would rather take that 12 grand and build the ultimate Japanese mini.
    There is no doubt that the quality of the product would be much higher and the machine would be customized exactly how I wanted it.

9. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

I do not completely understand the Matt Truck. Is it a brand new, Chinese copy of a Japanese truck? Or is it a remanufactured or rebuilt Japanese truck. The website looks to me like an amatuer site. Sorta like the site I built...and I am definitely an amatuer!..:rolleyes:
    Based on the picture of the "factory", it seems they would have spent a little more on a professional looking website. That "factory" must have cost millions! Notice that it is a rendering, not an actual photo.

And the "comparison" page does not even list a Matt Truck as a comparison??? The chart makes the Japanese mini truck look like the best deal..:D

The picture of the PowerSports building shows a bunch of Japanese mini trucks?

I'm confused....but maybe its just me...:confused:

10. greg0187

I noticed the same things. Especially the comparison chart. lol!

11. scesnick

scesnick Member

I did also. Not to mention they said they can pump out one truck every 7 seconds !! wow !! hope they have a big demand or they are going to need a very big parking lot. The prices on the comparison chart where quite high also. a new Rhino in my area is going for around $9,500 not 12 grand.

12. ValleyMiniTrucks

Mattruck

The sales rep Bill Cunningham, tells me this is a composite truck with components taken from various Chinese Manufactures.After looking this truck over very carefuly I have reason to believe him.Their address is 143 Public Square Batesville.MS 38606- 901-737-6550

13. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

So, is the picture of the factory where they will be producing new Chinese Matt trucks for a dealer network in the US??

14. They are built from scratch exactly as you see them. They are setting up a dealer network to sell the products. No more competing with guys on ebay telling everyone how much you can buy a container for and guys selling mini trucks for a $200 profit. This is a protected territory product. Here are some pictures. I plan to sign up for them. No more screwing around with trying to make things fit. Left hand drive with an extended cab AM/FM . They also have a Van and a Crew Cab truck in the development process. Trucks will not be shipping until at least May.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  15. Yes it's for the US.

16. Does that Rhino have Heat, A/C, Front and Rear Diff Lock, Ext. Cab, Front Brush Guard w/ Front Receiver Hitch, AM/FM Satellite Radio CD Player, 4 Off Road Lights? I could keep going if you want.

I am sick and tired of trying to fix these Kei Trucks up after they get here. It's a pain the ***. I want something that's ready to go when they unload it. Try getting a fat guy or a tall guy in a Kei truck. People hate the right hand drive. Basically they have designed a truck that gets rid of all the objections that we see when trying to sell someone a truck. Are you fat? Great it's extended cab. "I want Low Miles." How about no miles!! Most people don't want used stuff. They want something new. I am personally excited about it.

If anyone wants a deal on the Kei trucks I have left. I am freeing up capital to invest in these. The guy that is building them is from the United States. It's not some Chinese company that's importing them. For me that's a huge plus.

17. Chinese mini trucks

Here is another mini truck company : www (dot) tigertruck (dot) com.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2008
  18. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

That tigertruck dot com looks like a google spam site to me.

19. Tiger truck

No google spam..just ran across another mini truck company and thought i'd share,,I did see one of these on e bay awhile back, so they must be in production.No idea of quality issues ect.,and I have never been much impressed with anything mfg. in China myself

20. greg0187

I'd be interested in some of their accessories. I really like the light bar.

-Greg