1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mattruck coming to US

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Spottings' started by dwink, Feb 4, 2008.

1. dwink

dwink Member

My dad saw these trucks in Las Vegas yesterday at the SHOT show and told me to check em out. I think they are made in China and retail around $12,000. Don't qoute me because I am going off of what I was told. The website has a limited amount of info and is www.mattruck.com.

2. gbrad

gbrad Member

Two wheel drive.

However, this proves that there is a great deal of interest in this market.

gbrad

3. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

It looks like its collapsing under its own weight. That is the sign of quality, let me tell ya. :D

4. ValleyMiniTrucks

ValleyMiniTrucks New Member

Mattruck

I was shown this truck today in St George,Utah By the sales rep. For more info, he shared the log-in and password. Which is Dealer-Promo. Enjoy!

5. greg0187

Good Info. Although, I would never abandon the quality of a used Japanese veihicle for a new chinese one. Anyone who does is making a big mistake. Thats just my opinion.

-Greg

6. ValleyMiniTrucks

Mattruck

greg0187, I would also share that opinion,well stated!

7. greg0187

Here's the way I see it. Take it for what its worth. If and when mini-trucks become popular enough. You will have two choices, Just like you have now with ATV's, #1 Go to the dealer (Daihatsu, Mits, Zuk, Honda..etc..) or #2 buty a chinese one from Tractor Supply Company or Wal-Mart.

-Greg

8. scesnick

scesnick Member

One of the big selling points of the Japanese minis ( atleast to me ) is the price. Now, If a would have to pay $12,000 for one, it better be street legal.
    The MATT truck is not.
    I would rather take that 12 grand and build the ultimate Japanese mini.
    There is no doubt that the quality of the product would be much higher and the machine would be customized exactly how I wanted it.

9. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

I do not completely understand the Matt Truck. Is it a brand new, Chinese copy of a Japanese truck? Or is it a remanufactured or rebuilt Japanese truck. The website looks to me like an amatuer site. Sorta like the site I built...and I am definitely an amatuer!..:rolleyes:
    Based on the picture of the "factory", it seems they would have spent a little more on a professional looking website. That "factory" must have cost millions! Notice that it is a rendering, not an actual photo.

And the "comparison" page does not even list a Matt Truck as a comparison??? The chart makes the Japanese mini truck look like the best deal..:D

The picture of the PowerSports building shows a bunch of Japanese mini trucks?

I'm confused....but maybe its just me...:confused:

10. greg0187

I noticed the same things. Especially the comparison chart. lol!

11. scesnick

scesnick Member

I did also. Not to mention they said they can pump out one truck every 7 seconds !! wow !! hope they have a big demand or they are going to need a very big parking lot. The prices on the comparison chart where quite high also. a new Rhino in my area is going for around $9,500 not 12 grand.

12. ValleyMiniTrucks

Mattruck

The sales rep Bill Cunningham, tells me this is a composite truck with components taken from various Chinese Manufactures.After looking this truck over very carefuly I have reason to believe him.Their address is 143 Public Square Batesville.MS 38606- 901-737-6550

13. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

So, is the picture of the factory where they will be producing new Chinese Matt trucks for a dealer network in the US??

14. They are built from scratch exactly as you see them. They are setting up a dealer network to sell the products. No more competing with guys on ebay telling everyone how much you can buy a container for and guys selling mini trucks for a $200 profit. This is a protected territory product. Here are some pictures. I plan to sign up for them. No more screwing around with trying to make things fit. Left hand drive with an extended cab AM/FM . They also have a Van and a Crew Cab truck in the development process. Trucks will not be shipping until at least May.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  15. Yes it's for the US.

16. Does that Rhino have Heat, A/C, Front and Rear Diff Lock, Ext. Cab, Front Brush Guard w/ Front Receiver Hitch, AM/FM Satellite Radio CD Player, 4 Off Road Lights? I could keep going if you want.

I am sick and tired of trying to fix these Kei Trucks up after they get here. It's a pain the ***. I want something that's ready to go when they unload it. Try getting a fat guy or a tall guy in a Kei truck. People hate the right hand drive. Basically they have designed a truck that gets rid of all the objections that we see when trying to sell someone a truck. Are you fat? Great it's extended cab. "I want Low Miles." How about no miles!! Most people don't want used stuff. They want something new. I am personally excited about it.

If anyone wants a deal on the Kei trucks I have left. I am freeing up capital to invest in these. The guy that is building them is from the United States. It's not some Chinese company that's importing them. For me that's a huge plus.

17. Chinese mini trucks

Here is another mini truck company : www (dot) tigertruck (dot) com.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2008
  18. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

That tigertruck dot com looks like a google spam site to me.

19. Tiger truck

No google spam..just ran across another mini truck company and thought i'd share,,I did see one of these on e bay awhile back, so they must be in production.No idea of quality issues ect.,and I have never been much impressed with anything mfg. in China myself

20. greg0187

I'd be interested in some of their accessories. I really like the light bar.

-Greg

21. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

I am very cautious about any product made in China. Even if the guy is from the US, he is relying on manufacturing processes, materials and workmanship from China. I have quite a bit of experience with foreign made, industrial products. Most are not readily accepted in the US or European markets.

However, Japanese products have superior quality. Since WWII, the Japanese have become a leader in manufacturing quality and reliability. This is the reason Japanese products have such long life. At work we are often required to use Japanese components in our automation systems because of the undisputable quality. The metalurgical technology in China is very poor, resulting in inferior materials. I believe the Chinese will eventually work out all the problems, but that will be several years down the road.

If these trucks have been reverse engineered, manufactured and assembled in China, they will not be as reliable as the Japanese trucks. Sorta like the Chinese ATV knock-offs. They are a bargain when you buy them, but don't expect them to last like my 18 year old Yamaha 4-wheeler!

Just my opinion....results may vary...:)

22. I mean no disrespect. But who wants to have the same four wheeler for 18 years. Technology has changed so much in 18 years.

Hell I trade in my snowmobile about every two years because technology changes so fast. You don't want to be left behind by the guy with the new gear. I think the same thing applies here. Don't be left behind selling old beat up Kei Trucks that people are now selling on Ebay for pennies over what they paid for them. The Kei market is imploding as we speak in my opinion. Every one with two cents to rub together are selling them in their front yard. Things have changed. I think this is a great way to solidify a market that the Kei truck opened in the United States. A dealer network is what this industries needs. The inherent problems with the Kei market are being remedied by the MATTRUCK in my opinion. Parts, Warranty, Financing hooray.

There is definetely a market in the United States for a MATTRUCK. Just because it's made in China doesn't mean it's crap.

23. MATTruck

MATTruck New Member

MATTruck

My name is Matt and this is my truck! The MATTruck was developed to correct the few issues surrounding the used mini truck industry that needed changing. I started a company over 2 years ago importing used mini trucks from Japan as a test market for my brand new product the "MATTruck". Although the used mini trucks performed extremely well and require very little service, there still was a need to provide the consumer a NEW product from a standardized industry. The MATTRuck is built to our specifications, designed by our company and will be managed by our company. MATTruck, LLC will provide Protected Territories, Protected Pricing, Nationwide Parts Distribution, Consumer Financing, Dealer Floorplan Financing, and a complete Warranty Program. All of these are missing from the current used mini truck industry. We currently have a few of our prototypes in several locations throughout the US and will be attending the Dealer Expo in Indiana next week. I encourage anyone interested to please feel free to stop by and talk with us. We truly desire to create a dealer friendly "Dealer Program" and welcome any feedback on our product.

24. greg0187

I hope you made the governors easy to remove. I don't think I would have bought a Japanese mini if it only went 25mph.

-Greg

25. Micah502EFI

Micah502EFI New Member

MATTruck

Protected Territories, Protected Pricing, Nationwide Parts Distribution, Consumer Financing, Dealer Floorplan Financing, and a complete Warranty Program......

How many more USED mini trucks can you get your hands on to spend hours to get running and looking presentable? :frustration:

26. gbrad

gbrad Member

I just returned from south east Texas with my '99 Suzuki. It was very muddy and sloppy in the deep river bottoms of the Neches river and long (80 to 125yds) of watery, loose sand, and mud with the consistency of gravy. How will the Matt truck hope to compete with that not having four wheel drive?

I'm pretty sure JR's comment about an eighteen year old four wheeler only refferred to durability issues, he's obviously aware of changing technologies and improvements.

The fact is that the Japanese designs are superior from an engineering standpoint. They are also proven by many years of really rough treatment. They (Kei trucks) are solid, industrial grade machines.

Tri State, it sounds like the problems you are refferring to have nothing to do with the equipment, but rather the choice of importers you dealt with, or the exporter if you brought them over yourself.

Let's just wait and see if the Matt truck can hang with the competition. I know for a fact that no two wheel drive vehicle would have made it through where we went earlier this week regardless of where it was manufactured.

Produce the results and then I'll be buying them, but right now my experience is the same as most others that have bought Chinese equipment. It lacks the engineering, usually in bearing related load surfaces and structural integrity due to poor metal choices. Things that are necessary for extreme durability. It does not last.

Just my opinion, born out of direct experience.

gbrad

27. scesnick

scesnick Member

With all due respect, we are still talking about a Chinese product here. You mention that the MATT Truck has a warranty, parts distribution program, financing, protected territories, dealer floorplan, protected pricing......

Now, I am just "Joe Blow" farmer, I do not sell anything. ( except a bit of hay once in a while ) None of those attributes really mean a hill of beans to me. Except maybe the parts dist. program. I need something reliable and cheap to tend to my horses and daily chores. I have owned a few chinese made vehicles/quads and none of them were reliable, and $12,000 certainly isn't
    cheap. I could buy 2 Kei trucks for that price and sleep well knowing that they will perform when i need them to perform. They have been proven. Newer isn't always better.

Sorry this is just my real world opinion.
    But I hope you eventually prove me wrong and your product is a great success.

28. 1Poet

1Poet New Member

$12,000.00 for two wheel drive, and, Made In China? C'mon, fella. You have to be kidding! If you want to be a dealer for those LPOC's, get it. However, I would much rather buy a used Japanese Kei truck and have it completely rebuilt and still have less than $12,00.00 in a real 4 whell drive vehicle.
    I guess P.T. Barnum was right.

29. The trucks are 4X4's. I am not sure where everyone is reading they are two wheel drive.

Directly from their website.
    "The 4X4 system will include front and rear locking differential with the ability to switch between 2wd and 4wd."

30. carverm98

carverm98 New Member

Just to clear things up, the MATTruck is Full 4 wheel drive. At the push of a button from 2wheel drive to 4 wheel drive.