1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manchester, England!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CFP, Feb 28, 2020.

1. CFP

CFP New Member

Hello Everyone!:)

Look forward to getting active on the forum, any others here from England?

Regards,
    C

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! Glad to have you here. We could use some more members from over your way.

3. CFP

CFP New Member

Cheers Acerguy, Good to be here. aye doesn't seem to be much activity from this neck of the woods:D

4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. Do you currently have a mini?

5. CFP

CFP New Member

apologies for the late reply, not currently. Really into them and looking to invest sometime soon. Little weekend/away van type with space for dogs etc.

6. CFP

CFP New Member

- on that note if anyone has any good contacts, advice or places to source a mini in the UK, I’d appreciate it. Keeping my eyes peeled atm o_O

7. McDumpface

McDumpface New Member

Hi CFP welcome to the forum, I'm from Galway Ireland, I have a 1993 Suzuki carry dump truck 4 speed, 4wd , I love this little truck. The only thing missing is a 5th gear, its fine on short journeys and running around town, but long trips are an expedition. Its real old school driving, no power steering, abs, airbags, etc, just me and the howl of the 3 cylinders and 660cc !!!

CFP likes this.
  8. CFP

CFP New Member

nice one pal, just across the pond make a few trips over myself to see family. The long trips a struggle due to the 5th gear not being in working order or in general because of the cc? I was wondering how they done on big trips and if the 1300 options are better.

sounds good, looking forward to getting my hands on one, just practical and perfect for what I need it for.

9. McDumpface

McDumpface New Member

Sorry, I mean mine is only a 4 speed, and is best suited to town driving and a bit of farming work, the 1300 cc has a 5 speed and seems to be a bit more modern at cruising speeds.

10. CFP

CFP New Member

Ah I’m with you, thanks for the info im pulled towards the 1300cc but then it’s sacrificing 4x4 but as you say for long trips etc may be better suited.