1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making new seat covers by hand.

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by charlesshoults, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Eddy Warston

Eddy Warston New Member

Chevy has seats that are more like pillow-top mattresses which are more comfortable. The dotted mattress is good for warm season.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  2. EddieJoe

EddieJoe New Member

Very nice finishing and seems comfortable seats. I would love to have for me for my truck. Color is also cool and dark colors don't look better. This one is perfect.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  3. With today being a nice day, I decided to pull the passenger side door panel out from behind the couch and continue working on it. I still need to cut the holes for door handle and latch as well as cut two holes in the steel for two more clips down low. I'm planning to install a speaker down low by the footwell. I'd like to put a 4" speaker in the factory location but the mounting depth is incredibly shallow. Once the panel is finalized, lots of vinyl work to do.

[​IMG]

4. MiniMama

MiniMama New Member

Beautiful! Thank you for the detail internet stranger :)

5. KCCats

KCCats Member

I wish the pics still worked!
    Hey how does the existing material come off?
    I want to get a spare set of seat bottoms and pull everything off!, Then possibly attach a set of fiberglass race seats?

6. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Active Member

My 2cents.
    I would highly recommend NOT using plastic race seats. We did one a number of years ago and they didn't feel right at all. Stick with the original Seats and have them recovered.

7. KCCats

KCCats Member

I was hoping a fiberglass race seat would give more support and a 5 point harness, strictly for off road!

8. ttc

ttc Member

I'd you going fast enough to need 5 point harness you will not go far before you beat the poor truck apart

9. KCCats

KCCats Member

Speed has little to do with it! I have already had the seat belt grab and save my butt a few times!
    I've been out rock crawling to mud bogging with my daily driver!

10. KCCats

KCCats Member

But even to recover the oem seat with new foam would be real nice too!
    But how does it come apart?
    I wish the pics still work!