I've gone back and edited this post to give it a description of what I'm trying to accomplish. As I've been driving the truck more and more, the drivers seat has started to wear out, seams opening up. This has happened before, with evidence of a previous owner attempting to hand stitch them back together. I decided I needed to do something about it. I started asking around to see what shops could handle the job. The closest upholstery shop is 80 miles away in Scottsbluff Nebraska. To redo the seats and headrests would cost me about $600. I think that's too much money. I was warned about the shop and was told that if I could find somewhere else to get them done, or do it myself, I would be better off. I've never done anything this complicated before and was unsure, but I started hunting around and buying up supplies. While I'm at it, I decided to add 1/2" of foam to everything for a bit more cushioning. I plan to recover both seats, both headrests, both sun visors, make a steering wheel cover, and replace both interior door panels, adding space for two speakers in each door. I could simply buy a sheet of hardboard, cut the holes to match and glue a sheet of vinyl to it, but I want to add some definition to the doors, give them some depth, so the doors will be made of several pieces of vinyl, some areas with foam, set up in a way to match the pattern I'm giving to the seats. I will also be pulling up the floor, adding some vibration dampening and making a full coverage carpet. -------------------------------------------------- This is my second attempt at making a new cover for the headrests. The first attempt was going good at first, then the sewing machine sort of exploded, screwing up the piece in the process. I've learned a few things since then, so here it goes. This is what the first attempt looked like. I started by drawing the pattern out on paper, before I had any of the vinyl. When the vinyl did come in, I didn't think about it, transferred the design to vinyl and got to work. The new attempt is slightly different. I applied the design directly to the perforations on the vinyl instead of trying to use US Standard measurements. I tested a light green flow pen on a piece of light colored vinyl, making sure that it washes off, then drew the pattern on the vinyl I'm using for the headrest. I let it dry, more or less, then got to work. The vinyl is stitched to a 1/4" thick piece of foam, that itself has a cloth backing to keep the thread from cutting the vinyl. The darker bands are cut from 1.5" vinyl strips, center marked, two rows of double-sided tape applied with edges folded to center. Two more strips of double-sided tape hold the bands in place prior to stitching. The diamond pattern is a bit smaller than the first attempt, but it's more uniform. The piece is now trimmed and I'm ready to try stitching sides to it again. Hopefully I don't screw it up again. I'm tired of wasting pieces.