1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maintenance Manuals

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by web365ster, Nov 29, 2022.

1. web365ster

web365ster New Member

Has anyone got a lead on manuals for these trucks? I am sure that all the documentation for these trucks is in Japanese, since they were never intended for export. But there are some in Australia, so I wonder if translated manuals exist? Or if we could get our hands on a Japanese version and have it translated...

Anyone have any info on manuals?

2. Tripthyme

Tripthyme Active Member Supporting Member

Lots just search the forums. Use Google translate for the Japanese manuals wich are way more detailed

3. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

You have to remember that the Japanese Kei class trucks have the 660-cc engines. And the vehicles for export, or those made outside of Japan have larger engines. Some as large as 1600-cc four-cylinders. So, manuals from other markets aren’t always very useful.

4. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

You may even have to use only portions of some different manuals depending on whatever area you are needing info on. Over the years I owned my Suzuki CarryVan, I had downloaded a manual which covered the van but had a 4 cyl engine in it which I ignored. Used a service manual downloaded from Jacobsen for any engine related info needed as they used the K6A as a power unit in some of their equipment. For any EFI info I needed, I used a downloaded service manual for the Cushman Haulster which covered EFI as used by Suzuki on their F6A engine, but only for info on EFI as I ignored the F6A portions of the manual. Now for someone with a F6A engine, this is a good manual for the mechanicals of the engine and a very good basic crash course in EFI if one is interested in learning about that subject. Got to do some digging around to find useable info. Toro & Jacobsen both utilized some different engines as the power supply in some of their units. You may have to pay for some but most info is free depending on where you can find it. Check www.manuals lib.com, emanualsonline, and other manual websites to see what they have available.

Fred