1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mainfold Insulator/Carb Spacer

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Brandon Phillips, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Hey everyone, looking for some help in locating 2 parts, they are referred to by different names so I have had no luck sourcing them so far on the internet, even tried some of the places located in Japan. Its a 1994 S110P and im looking for the 2 spacers/insulators/gaskets that go between the intake manifold and carb. Ill attach pictures so that you guys know what im talking about, any help would be greatly appreciated!

upload_2021-1-1_12-18-33.png
    upload_2021-1-1_12-19-6.png

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Brandon I think you need to go to one of the Japanese sites which have the exploded views. So far I haven’t had to dig that far into the engine on mine.

And, fortunately I haven’t had to get any major parts. So, I can’t recommend any of the Japanese sites. Hopefully someone will show up and give you links to those sites.

And, please go to the blue field near the top of the page, and follow the link to put the information on your rig in your signature field. it is really helpful when you need advice if we know as much about your rig as possible.

3. Appreciate the reply! Ive been searching and searching without any luck. Worst case scenario can I make my own gasket without the spacers? I know it will change the top end/low end most likely. Its not ideal but is there any mechanical issues with deleting the spacers if i cant find a replacement?

4. Jigs-n-fixtures

I’d probably make a new spacer out of some phenolic. You can buy off cuts on eBay fairly inexpensive. the phonic mills fairly easily with carbide woodworking tools, and depending on how big of as metro area you are in, you might find someone to do the cutting with a cnc router.

The other option is a 3D printer. Being the intake side I would expect something that can handle 350-F to be suitable.

5. Jigs-n-fixtures

If you make your own, be sure to include the little hole. I think it is what connects to the upper chamber on the carb to pull it open in response to manifold vacuum. Without it the carb just won’t open at all.

Limestone likes this.
  6. Well here is desperate attempt for any more info, I milled a piece of phenolic which was easy enough to work with but I'm not positive that I'm not missing a hole in my old piece which I cant view for reference. Does anybody happen to have a picture of the part? I also tried to delete the spacer but as expected carb wasn't getting fuel which makes sense considering the inner "tunneling" in the spacer. I also contacted the dealer I bought the truck from in Miami in hopes that he has an extra one laying around or has a connection to a source.

P.S. rolled through the entirety of yahoo japan auction and couldn't find as much as a reference or picture of the part unfortunately.

7. ttc

ttc Active Member

8. ttc

ttc Active Member

9. ttc

ttc Active Member

10. ttc

ttc Active Member