1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Main Fuse?

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by 3banger, Oct 15, 2009.

1. 3banger

3banger Member

Hey you,

I've got an '89 Mitz Lefty Minicab 4x4 Van and I had someone hook my jumper wires bass ackwards the other day. Now she's dead as a doorknob. I immediately looked for the fuse box (under the dash near driver's door jam BTW) and all the fuses were good....

Is there a fuseable link or main fuse somewhere I don't know about???

Thanks!

Kelley

2. seriousdiesel

seriousdiesel New Member

some have a fuse under the right seat,in the engine compartment.

3. 3banger

3banger Member

4. seriousdiesel

seriousdiesel New Member

Sorry its not an exact location or perfect description. I know the ones I've had were easily found and replaced, it's an oddball fuse or fuseable link. Open up the seat and look a little, you should find it. if you haven't by tomarrow I'll take some pics and post them up of the oldest one we have on the lot, not sure we have an 89.

5. 3banger

3banger Member

Fuse Holders

Hey no problem at all. I'm sure I'll find it as soon as I get another look.

If it's wierd looking I'm going to swap it out with something easier to maintain anyway.

I'm sure it would be usefull for others though so go ahead an put it up! Make sure you put "main fuse" the year and model in the thread title! :)

Have a good one!

6. 3banger

3banger Member

I couldn't find it!

I'm a little bummed out. I looked and looked. The only harness I could see was in the carb area. I figured it would be in a holder on the chassis, no?

Any help would be appreciated.

7. Dan

Dan Member

I have a few of the truck versions of your van and have found the fuseable links taped inside a section of the harness and attached to the under side of the drivers seat hinges by the bendable tabs that wrap around the harness. i had to cut away some of the oem harness wrap. the fuseable link is a pigtail two-wire clip with about a 1" loop of wire. looks like something that you would find clipped to the back of an alternator but, with only a 1" wire looped back to itself.

8. 3banger

3banger Member

Minicab main fuse is under the seat inside the harness

Hey there Dan,

Aren't you the one that posted pics of the innards of the mits transfer case?
    You're pretty useful around these parts.

I'll have a look for it. That really helps because there's no way I was going to find it....

9. Dan

Dan Member

Yeah, that was probably me... when i discovered this site i was posting everything i could to add to the mini-movement.

I haven't been through the vans but, i would guess that they're very similar. hope you find what killed your mini. let us know.