1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magnetic block heaters

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by AaronRS4, Jan 19, 2016.

1. AaronRS4

AaronRS4 Member

I'm considering a magnetic block heater for my S83p this winter since it has been banished to the shed as opposed to the heated garage it has been in for the last 2 winters. Looking at the oil pan, I've noticed it has some goofy contours to it and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on what ones would work best. I don't really feel like doing any of the inline circulating pump or frost plug styles at this time.

2. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

they make an inline coolant heater for the bottom rad hose that will keep your engine warm and not cook your oil. cooking oil is not good !!! allstart for $35 dollars. and you will always be able to start your truck. Even in Canadian winter -20 C
    Tony

3. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

I should mention it takes 20 minutes to install. just cut your lower rad hose twice. To make room for inline heater. 2" shorter and your good to go. I put mine on timer from 5 am to 9 am and I always have good start
    Tony

4. AaronRS4

AaronRS4 Member

Tony, do you have a brand name / model number? What's the inside diameter of the lower radiator hose?

5. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

it is called (all start) or ask for inline coolant heater. Napa carries them. I believe mine was a 1" inside diameter. to be sure measure the out side of your lower rad line and subtract 1/4 " to find inside diameter
    Tony

Terry270 likes this.