1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mag International Mini-Trucks... new!!!

Discussion in 'Mag International' started by buyargo, Apr 14, 2008.

1. buyargo

buyargo New Member

Just found this on the web. http://www.maginternationalinc.com/mag_international_inc_home

The US Airforce just bought $7 million worth according to the press release on their web page. Left hand drive. Anyone see one of these? The Long wheelbase model looks like the Suzuki that is exported to Europe. Prices?

2. speedy67

speedy67 Member

Four Wheel Drive????

3. Those look a lot like a re-badged Tiger Truck. They are definitely a chinese product - they have offices is Hong Kong. And all appear to be 2 wheel drive.

4. andy_george

andy_george Member

I find it hard to believe the Air Force ordered so many of these. Then again, it is the government... little surprises me any more.

These may be a good little truck. I didn't see the prices, but it would have to be *CHEAP* for me to consider a new product from an upstart Chinese/ Hong Kong manufacturer versus a used product from Japan that has been in production for 20+ years.

Honestly, I think they'd have to give me a free one...

Is it simply too expensive for an American manufacturer to build minitrucks here and keep the prices competitive? It seems like there is a market.

-Andy

5. buyargo

buyargo New Member

Regarding the Tiger Truck, I called 4 dealers today telling that I am interested in becoming a dealer. The 4 dealers I called were large commercial/Indsutrial distributors or retailers (Cushman, Toyota Lifts) and everyone said that they have had very few warranty claims and all the gasoline vehicles have been bulletproof. They said to survive in the commercial market it has to be a good product or they would not put their name on the line. Each highly recommended the Tiger truck line and that was from the service department, not the sales.

Said parts and accessories are available in 3 days to your dealer door, and trucks are speed limited, but there are go arounds they said for the naughty customer. One said even though it has a 5 speed trans, it only is shiftable through 3rd gear, easy fix he said, but reassured be that the dealer better not play with it or could get big fines and a lawsuit.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  6. -DoC-

-DoC- New Member

Can you get them in 4wd?

7. countryrebel

countryrebel Member

$30,000 for a toilet seat, $20,000 for a hammer.

8. tmag

tmag New Member

Wow weeeee, Mag made it to the Mini Japanese Forums, a Chinese truck in a Japanese atmosphere. Very Nice. If anyone has any theories or assumptions on the MAG product, touch base here, keeping it honest and to the point is what we will do. To dispel any rumors, yes we have a full blown 4x4 Gasoline and electric Truck....it rocks and lots of other accessories.

9. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Does the manufacture of Mag mini trucks also build the Vantage mini truck? Side by side the look exactly the same.

10. TRAX and HORNS

Whats retail on a base model, gas 4x4?

11. tmag

tmag New Member

TRAX and Horns Responce

A lot of customers assume that the Chiness have this one big huge factory that makes all these vehicles. WRONG, the Chinese have been making the white Truck since the early Eighties.

FYI thier are over 50 vehicle manufactures in China, The Company Mag uses is the 5th biggest vehicle producer. Vantage uses a supplier that is the 3rd Largest I believe, however that specific company specializes in Large Trucks, from 3000lbs all the way up to 10.000lbs movers and has partnerships with many other companies to produce thier vehicles in China for them.

Mags manufacturer builds its own vehicles, all the vehicles are designed in Italy and the assembled in China, they also are a huge Aircraft manufacture, of small jets and Military helicopters, thats why Mag chose to go with them because of the higher standards in quiality.

As for costs on a vehicle, see the website www.maginternationalinc.com
    go to the info tab, and fill out your request , most vehices have an array of options, these need to checked off to your your request.

Hope this helps.

12. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Bored are ya? Just think of it like this. You build a truck from the ground up in a garage full of fancy Chinese tools with only the knowledge of what a truck looks like. Oh wait... Did you do salt water tests?

13. tmag

tmag New Member

EEESH chicken dumpling, 25mph ......ok let me explain so that we can see how this market is so nicheee. As you know LSV staus is now very big, but with that you have to own a WMI index number, two years ago, the 25mph issue was huge, if you vehicle was carburated...you were screwed, because you you circumvent the speed limiter, sooooo EFI jumped ontothe screen as you know this was of limiting has helped the marked enormously. I will admit 5 gears and 25 mph.......kinda sucki but ruling are rulings!

14. xsaskier66

xsaskier66 New Member

Yea, its an interesting ruling, rumour has it that the MSV law is being pushed hard....that should be fun 35mph.....

15. woodhe1

woodhe1 Member

China

Lead paint on toys, bad dog food, tainted toothpaste, poisoned baby formula, bad tires, can't vote, no free press, etc., etc. Thanks USA for the large purchase!

16. boxdin

boxdin New Member

I am buying one of these tomorrow. Reg cab, 2wd, 1000cc, 5sp, needs clutch and its a 2006 model. I've tried to load photos to no avail. Try again...
    [​IMG][/IMG]

17. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

what you want is the IMG tag ones.

ex, your truck
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Guest

HELLO!!!!!! They are still making Minitrucks. There are a couple of dealers that have new trucks.

19. cheepBeer

cheepBeer Member

:frustration:when u leave your bedroom and go see the real world and actually buy a truck . then u will notice that its not only the size that makes the difference but fuel economy,design[cab-over] and the niche in the market..meaning u wouldn't go buy an 18wheeler when u need to delver a quad to a marsh just cos it was nearly the same price or get a side-by-side to drop off five pallets of Portland cement!

20. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

When is one of these companies going to sack the f**k up and get their truck EPA and Safety certified in the USA? I'm sick of new companies selling the same speed limited trucks... if you want us to buy a different model that we're not familiar with you need to give us some incentive. Right now we KNOW we can buy a Suzuki/Dihatsu/Subaru used for 3-12k and it'll run longer than we're alive; why would we risk that money on an unknown brand with unknown support if it isn't street legal? Make it street legal and you'll corner the market on mini trucks in the USA. Don't and we'll continue to ignore you in favor of vehicles that we already know from companies we trust.

21. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

i found this post lookin for a mini truck on craigslist

06 tmag mini truck 43hp 4spd manual trans 2wd. $1500obo *** *** ****

anyone know much about these r they worth it or should i save and get one of the more trusted suzuki or other ones that are way more well known???

22. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

i thought i might as well save for a suzuki or something lol

23. TRAX and HORNS

Its most likely a 2 wheel drive. But hey for 1500 I would certainly look at it hard. Not sure if Mag is still in business. I think they were being built in Oklahoma. I also believe parts were coming from China.

24. ufrullyBrari

ufrullyBrari New Member

Hello www.minitrucktalk.com

Hi!
    Very interesting name by the forum www.minitrucktalk.com

Between us speaking, I would arrive differently.

The possession of unlimited power will make a despot of almost any man.

Buy-buy!