1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lug nut torque

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Ran440, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Ran440

Ran440 Member

Hi all
    I drive my Zuki mini almost daily and after over three years on the road it's time for new tires. Looked in my manuals ( also did a site search ) and nowhere can I find lug nut torques. Want to make sure the tire shop doesn't over torque and brake something. Anybody know these specs?
    This is for my 95 Suzuki Carry.
    Thanks, Randy

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I torque mine at 70 Ft. lb. and it seems to work.

3. Ran440

Ran440 Member

Thanks Jim
    Got my new tires put on today and had the torqued to 70 Ft lbs. These are 13" Chevette wheels and when they looked up a Chevette 70 was right in line.
    But the guys at the tire store said " a Chev what? " LOL
    Went with Mastercraft ( Cooper ) Glacier 175/70r13. Kind of funny they look a lot like the Firestone Transforce A/T tires I just put on my Ford F250 Superduty, except in a much smaller size of course. I think they will work out well.
    Thanks again for your reply,
    Randy

4. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

could I ask how much you paid for those tires. Up here in Canada I think were getting hosed.
    Tony
    96 suzuki

5. Ran440

Ran440 Member

I paid 343.72 at Belle Tire for 4 tires. Mounting, balancing, valve stems and old tire disposal.
    These were purchased during a one day sale. $50 off the reg price.
    I think they marked up 100 bucks so they could put em on sale for 50 bucks off :confused:
    So did I do OK or did I get hosed?