1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to sell my Mini Truck & "UpGrade" to a Full Size Truck. ~Read Why~

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by starpuss, Jul 8, 2011.

1. starpuss

starpuss Member

Long Story Short... i Don t Feel Safe no more on the highway Driving one.

My Brother Was Killed in a MEGA Head on Collision on Wednesday.
    RIP Matt Chaput 1985-2011 ((Worked at Dawson Road Service center)) Lorette, MB he was on his way home after work.

They Say he had a Front Front Tire blow out on His Car (1988 Chevrolet Corsica) And it Rolled Over on to it's Side and he got hit by a 2008 GMC Sierra 2500. he was pronounced dead on scene

His Car Was Ripped Almost in Half From What my dad tells me... (he was On the Scene Of the Accident) 10 Min after it happened. he was going to visit my grandma (Cops would not let him get close to the car.. Witch i can under stand why.)

Funny thing is that i Always go to my Grandmas house but that Day Something told me to stay home... and i did
    Also My Brothers Boss And Worker. Was Right behind him when the accident happened (they all take the Same Way home. )

it was On the news and in all the papers.
    http://winnipeg.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...g_fatal_mva_110706/20110707/?hub=WinnipegHome

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

I'm very sorry hear about your brother.

3. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Oh no..I'm so sorry to hear that,My deepest sympathy on your loss.

4. downhere

downhere Member

I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of your brother! My families thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Mathew 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they wil be comforted. God Bless.

5. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

my condolences.

6. erixun

erixun Member

No words can relieve your pain. Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you.

7. Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo Member

Don't kill your Kei.

Starpuss,

My deepest heart felt sympathy on your loss. And our prayers for your brother.
    Its hard to have someone this young taken suddenly like this.

I hope that when your grieving has passed you will reconsider your decision to sell your little rice burner.

Your brother was taken by an imbalance of mass in the collision. The truck had the greater mass, and unless the other driver was negligent, the way you describe it there was nothing she could have done about it.

The differential effect of mass can happen between a motor cycle and one of our keis. Or between my F-350 Super Duty 4x4 and a Mack dump truck, or a eighteen wheeler.
    But even the eighteen wheeler could be out matched by a Abrams tank.
    These are physics, and don't make one or the other a safer ride.

My first motorcycle instructor told me as I took my first solo on my Kawasaki KZ-750,
    "the only safety equipment you have here are your leathers, and what is between your ears.
    Keep your eyes open, your brain alert and leave lots and lots of space for the cars who won't see you."

Fortunately the Good Lord watches over us and decides the outcome.

He certainly has for me over the years. My first day on that KZ - I came within three feet of becoming a fender ornament for a VW Beetle as I blended into traffic on the H-1 freeway. But I was jazzed with the power I had under me.

God had me check one more time as I was getting on the freeway at 60mph. Startled because I found I was looking down at a VW chrome plated amber right front turn signal beside my left hip!

I was out of ramp, and the road was taken!

I reacted by pulling a wheely as I cranked over to full throttle. Half a mile or more down the highway, my heart still in my mouth I'd backed down enough to let the Bermuda Blue VW come alongside again.
    "Sorry about that." I mouthed to him through my faceplate.
    He just shook his head giving me a look which told me he too was shaken up by my mistake.

In any of these matches, the occupants of the smaller vehicle are going to be victims. A doctor friend of mine used to tell me they are "murder cycles." But even so, I still love em, and I've seen and helped sew together many a mangled cyclist while working in the ER. And I've been close many times to leaving some flesh on the road.

My point is not to minimize what for you and your family at this time is a tragedy beyond comprehension. No, I just ask you to remember its not the size of the vehicle which dictates whether you survive or not.
    That's God's decision.

We are as children at his throne, and as children don't always understand the why of their parents decisions, we can only believe that God needs your brother for another task, and he is smiling down at you from that place.

And we can and should thank God for the time that you and your family were honored to have him amongst you.

thanks,

Nemo

8. Inane2

Inane2 Member

Terribly sorry to hear about your loss.

9. vtg

vtg Member

I'm always at a loss for words in these situations.....I just want to say I am very sorry for your loss. And, having lost some good friends and close relatives myself, I might add.......you never completely lose them as they will be forever in your heart and with you in your memories. Take care, bud.