1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to buy best brand to get parts?ect

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by deadend, Aug 24, 2018.

1. deadend

deadend New Member

Hi guy i live in ohio with hills. Would like to get a mini truck just for my property ,fire wood and running around with grandkids. So whats out there and whats best to get parts if needed. I keep looking @ side by sides and can't justify one when you can have a mini truck with a big bed. Thanks

2. ttc

ttc Active Member

I get all my parts from impex

3. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

Subaru Sambar and Suzuki Carry are easy to get parts for and the major brands. Carry are better for modifying and lifting. Subaru are better stock because theyre the only non-interference mini truck so it doesnt matter if the timing belt snaps, theyre rear engine so theyre quiet, and theyre 4 cylinder. the ENO7 engine in Sambar was used from 1988 to 2012 as well so 24 years of parts. ive never worked on Carry but i can strip a KS4 Sambar truck down to the bare cab and frame in less than 8 hours working slowly

Daihatsu Hijet are good too from what ive heard, Honda Acty seem to get poorer fuel mileage and as far as i know arent switched 4x4. theyre RWD until the tires slip then kick to 4WD. Mitsubishi Minicab seem to get carb issues, Mazda Scrum are just rebadged Carry

4. deadend

deadend New Member

thanks guys

5. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I like the Daihatsu. Part of that is because they are also made in Europe, under license by Piaggio, and marketed through out the EU. So, for a lot of the parts, you can get them off eBay through Britain, at about half the cost of getting them from Japan.

I’m trying to figure out if the bell housing on the european 1.4 liter is the same as the .66 liter Japanese engine. Doubling the torque and horsepower would sure be nice.